PDA

View Full Version : New Wave's OpenOffice custom theme??

dilomo
August 28th, 2009, 07:49 AM
How would you like OO to look like if there was a custom theme for it? Any opinions are welcomed as well as other ideas.

Bodsda
August 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
It should be designed by someone who has never seen a word processing program before. Otherwise OOo will always continue to be a poor clone of Office XP

Also, it should get rid of the large cartoonish style icons that looks like a child had drawn them.

Dark theme is always a +1 for me, but only if they fix the bugs so that when I put a dark GTK theme on it doesn't wreck the font colour in OOo

Copernicus1234
August 28th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I agree with Bodsda. Dont let programmers design GUI's.

dilomo
August 28th, 2009, 10:36 AM
You both are right but unfortunately I can change only the looks (theme) of the program. I can't create new user interface layouts because they are hard-coded in the app.

By summarizing the results of this poll I will include the more desired combination in the next release of the New Wave theme pack. So basically it's You that it telling what the theme would look like.

hessiess
August 28th, 2009, 01:36 PM
OO should be re-written in GTK so that it just looks like your GTK theme.

dilomo
August 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM
OO should be re-written in GTK so that it just looks like your GTK theme.

It is true but in the meantime I want to make people that use this app on daily basis to feel as comfortable as possible.