August 28th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Hi all,

see this:-

http://socializedsoftware.com/2007/10/30/top-10-reasons-not-to-use-ubuntu/

HappinessNow
August 28th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Hi all,

see this:-

http://socializedsoftware.com/2007/10/30/top-10-reasons-not-to-use-ubuntu/Is this your blog?

Viva
August 28th, 2009, 06:21 AM
2007/10/30? Ubuntu has changed a lot since then. The release of hardy changed everything in desktop linux.

Viva
August 28th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Hehe, just noticed that it is a **** take:p

lisati
August 28th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hehe, just noticed that it is a **** take:p

So now I know who took stole my **** beer.

Keep on smiling, everyone.

sulekha
August 28th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Is this your blog?

this is not my blog. I just wanted all ubuntu users to find/work out excellent solutions/replies to this article

HappinessNow
August 28th, 2009, 06:58 AM
this is not my blog. I just wanted all ubuntu users to find/work out excellent solutions/replies to this article
Okay.

Lavaeagle
August 28th, 2009, 07:06 AM
-_-

Enough said.

blackened
August 28th, 2009, 07:38 AM

The entire post is meant tongue-in-cheek. Nothing to see here.

Methuselah
August 28th, 2009, 07:46 AM
There are many reasons not to use Ubuntu, actually.
Most people here didn't find them that important but YMMV.

I am actually getting a bit annoyed by Ubuntu's announced intention to be a windows alternative.
In a sense, I think it creates the wrong impression and expectation.

blackened
August 28th, 2009, 08:06 PM
There are many reasons not to use Ubuntu, actually.
Most people here didn't find them that important but YMMV.

I am actually getting a bit annoyed by Ubuntu's announced intention to be a windows alternative.
In a sense, I think it creates the wrong impression and expectation.

Funny, I thought that, because it is an operating system and because it is not Windows, then by definition it is an alternative to Windows.

But I see your point: it's not of the utmost importance to me that Ubuntu gain gigantic marketshare. It works for me and many others, and that's good enough.

Methuselah
August 28th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Funny, I thought that, because it is an operating system and because it is not Windows, then by definition it is an alternative to Windows.

But I see your point: it's not of the utmost importance to me that Ubuntu gain gigantic marketshare. It works for me and many others, and that's good enough.

Yeah, it is an alternative and unix-like free OSes are pretty much your only alternative.
I just don't like the appearance that matching windows step-for-step is Ubuntu's priority.
That mandate belongs to ReactOS.

blackened
August 28th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah, it is an alternative and unix-like free OSes are pretty much your only alternative.
I just don't like the appearance that matching windows step-for-step is Ubuntu's priority.
That mandate belongs to ReactOS.

Agreed. Innovation should be levels of magnitude more important than emulation. Leave emulation to so many of the top-rated (I have no idea why) posters at gnome-look.

schauerlich
August 28th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I get it, because he was pretending to not support linux, but he really was. Ha.