PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dell Inspiron 9300 Install

cmcanulty
August 28th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I have installed Ubuntu on 2 computers at home & one at our local library (I am the tech person there but by no means am an expert). T tried to put it on a dell inspiron 9300 today with very bizarre results.I tried both live run and install next to windows, both with the same results.It never went to the option screen, just asked for name and password which i made up and it installed.Then it got white with lines and a few colored tan rectangles. it showed connected wireless and i could view the top and bottom rows with firefox etc. but as soon as i clicked anything it jumped to a black screen with lots of text and some power warning. laptop was fine on windows.should i give up or try something else?it was really wierd to never get the option of language, live or clean install etc

raymondh
August 28th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Have you tried the safe graphics mode? If that does not work, try the alternate CD install.

cmcanulty
August 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
ok how do I access the graphics mode as I can't hit anything after install or it goes black to a booting type screen? Thanks