PDA

View Full Version : Annoying parental figures

dragos240
August 28th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Honestly, I understand that sometimes you can't get your way. But this is different.
C an I make myself clear when I say that sometimes the most annoying people are the ones closest to you. For example, right now it appears my father has turned off the wireless signal in retaliation to tonight's fight. Tonight I was simply asking him how much it would cost to make a commercial? He asked what would be in it. I responded, 'about use of the term PC'. He said that a PC was an opinion. In responce to that I asked him if a computer was an opinion. After that the conversation became more of a fight than anything else. Grrrr! After that it became a swearfest, and it's pure hipocrasy! After years of him telling me that swearing was not the way to go, he has sweared more than anyone I know!! Darn it! It's so frustrating! He always has to get his own way sometimes!!! There are people in this world like that. And now I am going to turn the wireless back on, so I can post this rant!

[/endrant]

pwnst*r
August 28th, 2009, 12:34 AM
welcome to teenaage life.

chriskin
August 28th, 2009, 12:37 AM
welcome to teenaage life.

and just wait for it to end

everything will calm down then

Dark Aspect
August 28th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Well, that is definitely a rant.

However, I think I have the most annoying father on the face of the planet. He thinks that Metallica's Enter Sandman is evil music and if I make ANYTHING below a A in college its because I never study. which is crap, my dad has it in his head that I sit around and play video games all day.

pwnst*r
August 28th, 2009, 12:41 AM
hm, nice spelling error on my part.

lol @ the sarcasm chriskin

xuCGC002
August 28th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Wait, you're underage? Then how would you make a commercial!?

Otherwise, PC is "Personal Computer" abbreviated. It simply means a computer for personal use. He must of thought of it as a conflicting description between personal computer or Windows-based computer. Which is stupid. Anyway, he turned off your wireless. And you turned it back on. I don't see what your problem is other than that your wireless was turned off for a few minutes.

blithen
August 28th, 2009, 12:42 AM
and just wait for it to end

everything will calm down then
Yeah, I understand where OP is coming from, but after the teenage it does die down quite a bit.

On Topic: Im sure it wouldn't cost too much to make one, now broadcasting time is were you really have to shell out the money.

schauerlich
August 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM
You had a serious argument with your dad over the term "PC"? Maybe it is good to get off the internet for a few hours...

bodyharvester
August 28th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I don't see what your problem is other than that your wireless was turned off for a few minutes.

:shock:

that...is the end of the world, to me anyway:(

Giant Speck
Seriously?

Tibuda
You had a serious argument with your dad over the term "PC"? Maybe it is good to get off the internet for a few hours...

Good advice.

chriskin
August 28th, 2009, 12:46 AM

that...is the end of the world, to me anyway:(

my isp once went down
i was about to die from despair
hm...no
now that i think of it once more, i just opened a book and read for some time :)

pwnst*r
August 28th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Well, that is definitely a rant.

However, I think I have the most annoying father on the face of the planet. He thinks that Metallica's Enter Sandman is evil music and if I make ANYTHING below a A in college its because I never study. which is crap, my dad has it in his head that I sit around and play video games all day.

1) my Dad used to say that when he first heard Slayer's "Hell Awaits", but rightfully so i guess

2) do you?

bodyharvester
August 28th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Seriously?

nah ;)

ive got loads of stuff to do, ive got a book collection thatd huge, ive read almost every Stephen King book :) call me crazy but i think his newer books like Hearts In Atlantis are brilliantly written, not what you'd expect considering his back-catalogue

Giant Speck
August 28th, 2009, 12:51 AM
nah ;)

ive got loads of stuff to do, ive got a book collection thatd huge, ive read almost every Stephen King book :) call me crazy but i think his newer books like Hearts In Atlantis are brilliantly written, not what you'd expect considering his back-catalogue

If I had been talking to you, I would have quoted you. ;)

pwnst*r
August 28th, 2009, 12:52 AM
lol, saw that coming

Dark Aspect
August 28th, 2009, 12:53 AM
1) my Dad used to say that when he first heard Slayer's "Hell Awaits", but rightfully so i guess

Slayer is different, They're awesome but I kinda of acknowledge that they are evil.

2) do you?

Think that Metallica is evil? or sit around and play video games all day? No to both, although my very high GPA from high school fell down very quickly my first semester of college. It was mostly just an adjustment from high school to college, I make mostly As now.

i99
August 28th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Maybe you should just leave the WiFi off for a few days. That server has finally gone to your head.

pwnst*r
August 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM
LOL! someone had to say it

dragos240
August 28th, 2009, 01:17 AM
I don't see what your problem is other than that your wireless was turned off for a few minutes.

Actually that turned out to be comcast's downtime.

pwnst*r
August 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM
lulz @ the overreact

RiceMonster
August 28th, 2009, 01:23 AM

this.

shadylookin
August 28th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Honestly, I understand that sometimes you can't get your way. But this is different.
C an I make myself clear when I say that sometimes the most annoying people are the ones closest to you. For example, right now it appears my father has turned off the wireless signal in retaliation to tonight's fight. Tonight I was simply asking him how much it would cost to make a commercial? He asked what would be in it. I responded, 'about use of the term PC'. He said that a PC was an opinion. In responce to that I asked him if a computer was an opinion. After that the conversation became more of a fight than anything else. Grrrr! After that it became a swearfest, and it's pure hipocrasy! After years of him telling me that swearing was not the way to go, he has sweared more than anyone I know!! Darn it! It's so frustrating! He always has to get his own way sometimes!!! There are people in this world like that. And now I am going to turn the wireless back on, so I can post this rant!

[/endrant]

So let me get this straight you want to make a commercial about the term pc. As in personal computer?

I'm not a parent, but if I were and my kid wanted to make a commercial about the use of the acronym PC I'd probably have him sent to the loony bin.

chriskin
August 28th, 2009, 01:28 AM
people please grow up, one has the right to do whatever he wants at his free time (!)
i sketch, he makes ads, another plays the guitar , so what?

Dark Aspect
August 28th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I'm not a parent, but if I were and my kid wanted to make a commercial about the use of the acronym PC I'd probably have him sent to the loony bin.

Avoid sending your kids to a loony bin, it actually makes mental stability worst. Speaking from experience, everyone here should have found out by now that I am insane :)

lisati
August 28th, 2009, 01:39 AM
However, I think I have the most annoying father on the face of the planet.
I think most of us are either there right now or have been there, and can appreciate the challenge - as long as it keeps friendly.

He thinks that Metallica's Enter Sandman is evil music and if I make ANYTHING below a A in college its because I never study. which is crap, my dad has it in his head that I sit around and play video games all day.
Having a difference of opinion with parents and other older people is not a new phenomonon. Apparently something similar happened in the days of Plato: have a look here (http://www.pianonoise.com/Article.Plato.htm).

PurposeOfReason
August 28th, 2009, 01:54 AM
In a few years you'll get to trade fights with your dad for:
Fighting with your family twice a year (Thanksgiving and Christmas)
Fighting with insurance
Fighting with landlords
Fighting with people at work
Fighting with bills

Etc. You have it good now.

xuCGC002
August 28th, 2009, 01:54 AM

So then your father is just stubborn. It could be worse, you know.

lisati
August 28th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Avoid sending your kids to a loony bin, it actually makes mental stability worst. Speaking from experience, everyone here should have found out by now that I am insane :)

I don't suffer from insanity, I quite enjoy it!

But slightly more seriously: I'd much rather go to the laughing academy and enjoy the experience than a loony bin and have my recovery hindered by the environment, even though neither term is PC 9politically correct) Wasn't it Randall P McMurphy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randle_McMurphy) who observed that the "inmates" of such an institution were no more crazy than the average <censored> on the street? (Thought I'd save vBulletin the hassle of censoring the word)

Dark Aspect
August 28th, 2009, 03:15 AM
But slightly more seriously: I'd much rather go to the laughing academy and enjoy the experience than a loony bin and have my recovery hindered by the environment, even though neither term is PC 9politically correct) Wasn't it Randall P McMurphy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randle_McMurphy) who observed that the "inmates" of such an institution were no more crazy than the average <censored> on the street? (Thought I'd save vBulletin the hassle of censoring the word)

God is great, Beer is good and people are crazy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqrogegV1lw)

:lolflag:

gletob
August 28th, 2009, 04:10 AM

Oh so now you're bringing Comcast into this. Well GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!

On a more serious note me and my dad do the same thing.

days_of_ruin
August 28th, 2009, 04:23 AM
nah ;)

ive got loads of stuff to do, ive got a book collection thatd huge, ive read almost every stephen king book :) call me crazy but i think his newer books like hearts in atlantis are brilliantly written, not what you'd expect considering his back-catalogue

That...is the end of the world, to me anyway:(

seriously?

1) my dad used to say that when he first heard slayer's "hell awaits", but rightfully so i guess

2) do you?

if i had been talking to you, i would have quoted you. ;)

lol, saw that coming

slayer is different, they're awesome but i kinda of acknowledge that they are evil.

Think that metallica is evil? Or sit around and play video games all day? No to both, although my very high gpa from high school fell down very quickly my first semester of college. It was mostly just an adjustment from high school to college, i make mostly as now.

communication fail