PDA

View Full Version : List of all available computer skills around the world

mameth
August 28th, 2009, 12:05 AM
As you understand from the thread title, i am looking for a list of all the currently available computer skills around the world right now. I've been googleing for 3 hours but i haven't found anything useful.

If any of you know a link or a file to share, i will appreciate. Thanks.

xpod
August 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM
As you understand from the thread title, i am looking for a list of all the currently available computer skills around the world right now. I've been googleing for 3 hours but i haven't found anything useful.

1: Google guru.

schauerlich
August 28th, 2009, 12:16 AM
What do you mean by "computer skills"? Things you can do on a computer? That's a nearly infinite list.

beercz
August 28th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Read the screen

Giant Speck
August 28th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Plug in computer.

schauerlich
August 28th, 2009, 12:20 AM
How do I surfed web?

mameth
August 28th, 2009, 12:22 AM
well david as you said, from hardware to software,i need a list of everything you can do related with computers. yeah i know it is an infinite list but i need it somehow. of course it shouldn't have examples like computer->keyboard->type or computer->screen->read. it's almost 2:30 in the night and i have badly injured my sense of humor. Normally i can laugh at these jokes.

schauerlich
August 28th, 2009, 12:27 AM
...Okay, well, good luck with that.

cariboo
August 28th, 2009, 12:35 AM
This sounds suspiciously like a home work question. If it is you know what is going to happen.

schauerlich
August 28th, 2009, 12:37 AM
This sounds suspiciously like a home work question. If it is you know what is going to happen.

b&?

mameth
August 28th, 2009, 12:49 AM

Don't worry, it is not related with school.It is for a project(actually a page for the human resources site of my boss). If you want a proof, well i am a student of Bogaziçi University in Turkey and we are in holiday really(summer term ended on August 6th) and i am a chemical engineering student.Are you satisfied now? and also my name is XXXXX, i am giving you my name for you to check on course pages. i think that's enough for you.

cariboo
August 28th, 2009, 01:04 AM
That is more than enough info thank you.

juancarlospaco
August 28th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Only one...
Being the Layer 8 of this system.
(osi)
:)

beercz
August 28th, 2009, 09:33 AM
well david as you said, from hardware to software,i need a list of everything you can do related with computers. yeah i know it is an infinite list but i need it somehow. of course it shouldn't have examples like computer->keyboard->type or computer->screen->read. it's almost 2:30 in the night and i have badly injured my sense of humor. Normally i can laugh at these jokes.
I wasn't joking when I said "read the screen"

The number of times people have told me that there is a problem with their computer, and I ask if they get an error message, the reply often goes like "yes, but I didn't read it"

Also, as another example I get a lot is "What do I do now?" or "How do I ...?" and the instruction is right there on the screen.

And one more, I tell people to press F1 (access the help system) and they say things like "It's quicker for you to tell me" or "I prefer to read the instructions from a book/magazine"

Stuff like this happens all the time.

Reading the screen is an essential skill that few of us have.

Now you have put your question in context. There are thousands of skills needed to use a computer, depending on the tasks that's required (of the human and/or the computer). e.g Networking, electronics engineer, programming, design, authoring, draftsman, gamer, musician to name but a few. Also what do you mean by a computer? Almost every profession uses a computer for something somewhere.

I think you are asking a very difficult question (perhaps that's why you had trouble googling for the answer).

Hope your wounded sense of humour has now been repaired.

Good luck.

HappinessNow
August 28th, 2009, 10:41 AM

Interesting that you have posted the exact same thread in multiple forums on the internet, you have just become quite efficient at least one computer skill. :P

reference: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread214535.html#

mameth
August 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
That's a thing i always do. In this forum maybe people ask you whether this is a school homework or not, in another forum, you might get help. Is this a problem.

@beercz
You might be right but using your arguments and putting what you said(read the screen) is not so serious. It can be sensible(yes it is sensible,too) but it is not a qualification. And i didnot want to be so harsh but i was over the edge,(working for 28 hours, with the most jerk boss ever). I am sorry if i hurt you someway.

matthewbpt
August 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
That's a thing i always do. In this forum maybe people ask you whether this is a school homework or not, in another forum, you might get help. Is this a problem.

@beercz
You might be right but using your arguments and putting what you said(read the screen) is not so serious. It can be sensible(yes it is sensible,too) but it is not a qualification. And i didnot want to be so harsh but i was over the edge,(working for 28 hours, with the most jerk boss ever). I am sorry if i hurt you someway.

Oho so what you want is computer related qualifications? Like you would get from an institution?