PDA

View Full Version : can i check sites that don't have rss for changes?

chriskin
August 27th, 2009, 11:28 PM
well, what the title asks

can i check sites that don't have rss for changes?

edit : or can you propose a site that has a list of all upcoming metal and/or rock releases and has rss?

23meg
August 27th, 2009, 11:44 PM
apt://specto

chriskin
August 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM
thank you :)

i didn't use the link as chrome doesn't support them (yet? anyway), but i got it installed

lovinglinux
August 28th, 2009, 12:10 AM
You can create personalized rss feeds for any web site with http://www.dapper.net/open/

chriskin
August 28th, 2009, 12:20 AM
You can create personalized rss feeds for any web site with http://www.dapper.net/open/

that's even better
:popcorn:

lovinglinux
August 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM
that's even better
:popcorn:

You are welcome. Dapper is better if want to read articles from sites without rss, but Specto is great just for checking site changes. I use it for example to check new Firefox releases on Mozilla FTP site. It can also check Gmail accounts and other stuff.

chriskin
August 28th, 2009, 12:51 AM
You are welcome. Dapper is better if want to read articles from sites without rss, but Specto is great just for checking site changes. I use it for example to check new Firefox releases on Mozilla FTP site. It can also check Gmail accounts and other stuff.

i used dapper for a site where it just lists all the new metal disks and it works perfectly - i get exactly what i need, a line saying {artist-disk name} :)

why would you use specto for gmail and not some gmail notifier? :confused:

i99
August 28th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Safari's "Top Sites" feature puts a star next to site's that have changed, but that's for OS X.

Otherwise, Dapper is also nice.

chriskin
August 28th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Safari's "Top Sites" feature puts a star next to site's that have changed, but that's for OS X.

Otherwise, Dapper is also nice.

it happens to be an ubuntu forums :)

i suspect that most feature-wise browser will have this one by the way

lovinglinux
August 28th, 2009, 01:03 AM
why would you use specto for gmail and not some gmail notifier? :confused:

I don't use it for Gmail notifications. I just mentioned to let you know it can do this too.

chriskin
August 28th, 2009, 01:07 AM
I don't use it for Gmail notifications. I just mentioned to let you know it can do this too.

my bad :P

yes,i checked what it can do