PDA

View Full Version : Costs of making an informational commercial.

dragos240
August 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM
How much money would it take to air a simple commercial, with just text, about the meaning of 'PC'. We all know what a PC really means, a personal computer. How much to just put it on the air, on a number of channels.

schauerlich
August 27th, 2009, 09:42 PM
It depends on a whole lot of things. What channel, what time, during what show, how long the spot is, how many times you want it to run. Chances are, though, that it's more money than you have or could hope to raise if you want anyone but some soap opera fans to see it. Once.

sydbat
August 27th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Call around and find out.

LowSky
August 27th, 2009, 09:49 PM
call your local cable company, ask the how much there commercials ad space goes for.

maxbaldwin
August 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
The problem is, who (other than, well, you) cares what a PC is? Most people are fine as long as they have a computer.

Groucho Marxist
August 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
How much money would it take to air a simple commercial, with just text, about the meaning of 'PC'. We all know what a PC really means, a personal computer. How much to just put it on the air, on a number of channels.

Just text, no narration or music would make for a difficult spot to capture the attentions of consumers. I would recommend drafting copy that would allow for at least one announcer and some form of musical accompaniment. However, licensing music, even for a short ad, is rather pricey, so I would suggest paying for the creation of a short piece of original music. I can talk with others in my career field {Broadcasting} who are specialized in music production if you are interested in an original score for this hypothetical advertisement.

Frak
August 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Expensive, considering you'd have to do something outlandish for people to pay attention.

Besides, who watches commercials? I leave the room most of the time when one comes on.

xuCGC002
August 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Depends on what channels, what network, what time, and who you want to pitch to. For example, in my local area, DISH network is the most popular network. They provide demographic sheets on their website and offer quotes.