PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash Video Problems

Stepho_62
August 27th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I'm new to Linux and have installed Ubuntu 9 04 onto my 3 year old Asus F3J laptop.

So far so good. Its a great little OS and I'm seriously impressed with the way it just works.

My only gripe is that I'm having trouble watching some flash video.

U tube works, and so do some other sites that use flash player or SWF but there are a couple that wont work.

They either run a script and fail to launch or they show the start of the vid, play button in the middle but when u click it it will take you to the end without playing.

I've got a bit of a handle on the Synaptics Package manager but need help to fix this little problem.
The browser is firefox V 3.013 and the plugins are the standard ones with the exception of the GNU SWF player which I currently have disabled.

Cheers, Adrian

heracles
August 27th, 2009, 11:17 AM
You need to follow th "How to Video" instructions on the "sticky" notes at the head of this forum. All will run smoothly after that

Stepho_62
August 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM
:P

Mate it worked flawlessly, I dunno how I missed the sticky on my first peruse.

Thanks you :)

Stepho_62
August 29th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Ok, So, I'm sittin out by the pool n one of my mates Canada is bitchin cause summer has been n gone n now he's freezin.

I thought I'd take a happy snap using my web cam. Its lit up, but in facebook it refuses to work.

Does anyone have any ideas where I should start looking? As you can see from above, I've solved the watching video's issue now I just can't use my webcam in my ol asus F3J.

Some, anyone, help pleeeeezzzzeeeeeee :(