PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing b43-fwcutter

Jordii
August 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I just tried to use wubi on my usb. (1gb) I used Unetbootin for this.
I haven't install Ubuntu yet. When I try to install b43-fwcutter I get the following message:
E: b43-fwcutter: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Hmm, now I check my settings for Synaptic. The CD option was checked (I used the CD before but when I try to install from it, I get the erno 5 error or something, so I use the usb for now.

I unchecked the CD option, but the b43-fwcutter package still exists, and I get the same error.

Jordii
August 27th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Anyone?

aitjcize
August 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM
goto system -> admin -> hardware driver
or type jocky-gtk in the terminal

after updating
check the driver broadcom b43 wireless driver
and it will do everything for you.

good luck

Jordii
August 27th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I went to the hardware driver place, clicked on activate for the broadcom b43 wireless driver. Then everything seems fine, after 100% the window closes but nothing changed. It's still not activated :S

aitjcize
August 27th, 2009, 10:17 AM
You must restart your computer..
if you are using something like live-cd... it may not work

perhaps you can customize the live cd image (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization) to make it work...

Jordii
August 27th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I currently use the usb.. and I tried to restard but it's still not activated. But I'm gonna try to use the customized iso for my usb
if that doesn't work, I'll install everything. (If I don't get the same error as with installing from the cd -__-)

Jordii
August 27th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I just found a special usb iso at the ubuntu releases