PDA

View Full Version : which is your favourite/favorite Terminator?

bodyharvester
August 26th, 2009, 11:10 AM
#1 - Terminator 2, had it all, past, present, future, nukes, couldnt ask for more
#2 - Terminator 4, i prefered the guy that wasnt Christian Bale actually, he had more action
#3 - Terminator 3, all those nukes at the end had me drooling
#4 - Terminator 1, did not have nukes, good effort though, showed promise, started it all

what about you?

hobo14
August 26th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Well, obviously #2 was best, and I thought it was pretty obvious that #3 was the worst, it was an absolute joke, a real mockery of the Terminator franchise.

#1 and #4 were both good, it's hard to choose between them, but I guess I'd choose #1.

So: 2, 1, 4, 3

steeleyuk
August 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Number 2. Its the only one I've seen as far as I remember. Its been on TV over here enough anyway...

lisati
August 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Haven't seen #4 yet, but agree with other posters that #2 was pretty good & had it all, #1 was good because it started things off, and #3 was a bit of a let-down.

I'm curious: how well was the footage from the older movies integrated into #4?

bodyharvester
August 26th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I'm curious: how well was the footage from the older movies integrated into #4?

Very well :D it really was a surprise how good it was, great story with a cool ending and an incredible opening scene.

the scene with arnie kicking the crap out of john connor (christian bale) was well done

JillSwift
August 26th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Because I love good character development stories, and T:tSCC was very much that. I'm bummed it got canceled.

gradinaruvasile
August 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM
The first one (#4) was the best IMO.
I did not see the 3-rd part (#3) but i didnt hear any good of it either.

t0p
August 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Terminator 2 was great. Except for that "You can't go around killing people" rubbish. What the heck is a terminator supposed to do then? They are called terminators after all! (Though that bit where he shoots a guy in the leg then says "He'll live" is pretty funny...)

The original movie is a cracker too. I was a young 'un when I saw it for the first time, on VHS round a mate's house. It was my fave movie for quite some time.

Number 4 was a bit crappy. Dumb story. Relied too much on special effects to pull it out of the toilet. I just hope its sequels are better.

As for number 3... the less said about it the better. I was horrified that the rights owner allowed it to be released. Maybe he didn't, maybe it escaped. Stupid stupid stupid. Nice looking terminator though.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Because I love good character development stories, and T:tSCC was very much that. I'm bummed it got canceled.

I've never seen the TV series. I kind of feared it was just another of those "walking the earth having adventures like Cain in Kung Fu" type shows. What do all you Terminator movie fans think of it? I know a site where I can watch it. If it gets some recommendations here I may check it out.

bodyharvester
August 26th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I know a site where I can watch it. If it gets some recommendations here I may check it out.

whats the site?

GeneralZod
August 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I've never seen the TV series. I kind of feared it was just another of those "walking the earth having adventures like Cain in Kung Fu" type shows. What do all you Terminator movie fans think of it? I know a site where I can watch it. If it gets some recommendations here I may check it out.

I loved 1 & 2 (3 doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned, and I haven't seen 4 yet) and I was a big fan of T:SCC. It dragged at times and sometimes seemed a little hokey, but was generally surprisingly smartly written, and the last few episodes of season 2 were really excellent. I, too, was gutted when it was cancelled.

It seems to be very much a "love it or hate it" series, though, and it didn't really feel very "Terminator-ish" in tone to me - that is, I'm not sure how strongly liking the movies and liking the series would be correlated.

t0p
August 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
whats the site?

surfthechannel.com (http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/2665.html)

Paqman
August 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
1 & 2 are very different, and both good. 2 was a flashy big-budget effort that's very entertaining, if a little brainless. 1 is much more tense and gritty, and probably a better movie overall. 3 was bilge, and i've not seen 4.

chucky chuckaluck
August 26th, 2009, 02:14 PM
whichever one has summer glau.

yabbadabbadont
August 26th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I like the shiny ones best...