PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Strange problems with GNOME (settings are not assumed)

r0y4l
August 26th, 2009, 10:56 AM
After a restart I had some strange problems with my gnome installation, first of all there was a Notify in the right upper corner of my screen that "power settings" or something like that could not be loaded?

After that I realized that the minimize, maximize and close button of my windows are missing...

Now after some reinstalling things the buttons are back again but I have other problems, the windows looks ugly, if i change the theme only the window borders are changed, if i select a new color for i.e. "selected items" nothing changes there is no way to change the settings anymore... :(

In the upper right corner of my screen, there where the current logged in user name is displayed, I only can switch to another user, before restart I was able to logout, lock screen, etc. why is this thing gone? I don't know why!

I also tried it with a completely new user (home-dir) but there's the same things.

Another thing is under System > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts there are many "unknown action" in the desktop category.

Am I missing a package or anything like that? Can anyone help?

r0y4l
August 26th, 2009, 06:02 PM
need help, really! tried to restore /etc and /home/user from a backup five days ago, same problem :(