PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Vista 64 install

tlwalkerjr
August 26th, 2009, 04:45 AM
I'm trying to install Ubuntu 9.04 alongside Vista 64 pro. I have a one TB disk that I've divided in half for the operating systems ( I have a second disk for data). Ubuntu install does not recognize the free space I left for the install (~480GB). It keeps trying to extend the partition. So... I manually set the partition to ext4 and used all but 24 GB of the free space. The remaining 24 GB of free space I used for swap.

The problem is, I can't boot into the Ubuntu installation. I've tried multiple suggestions on the forums, but am still stuck. I do have BCDedit.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Terry

zvacet
August 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Does your installation goes well?I mean no errors or something like that?If that is a case and you just installed Ubuntu there will be no harm to reinstall.Try to use Gparted live CD (http://gparted.sourceforge.net/) to make your partitions.I suggest you to give 10gb (15 if you like but there is no need for that) to root partition.That is partition where your system will be installed.Give rest for home partition except 2gb for swap.If you still run into the problems just post here and somebody will help you.