PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gazelle-- external monitor support?

p_hudson
August 26th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Hello everyone. this is my first post. I've been using Ubuntu on my desktop for a couple years, now the time has come for a laptop and I'm researching my options.

My question is about the Gazelle. I'm wondering how well extended desktop on an external monitor works. since it has the Intel integrated graphics I'm guessing that the monitor couldn't be very big.

Anyone try this?

thomasaaron
August 26th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Hi, p_hudson.

Welcome to the forums.

An external or extended monitor will work fine with the Gazelle. There are still some weird resolution... conventions... with a spanned desktop scenario. But all-in-all, it works very well. I use it on a day to day basis at work with my own Gazelle.

jmwink
August 26th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I have used it as well without much trouble. Like Tom says, there's some weird things that don't effect functionality. For example, I sometimes press the Fn+F7 twice in quick succession and get higher resolution, and sometimes I have to cycle through external monitor and attached screen twice until I get the desired resolution. It's not really a hassle, but it's not something I understand, either.

dreemreeper
August 27th, 2009, 03:00 AM
It works great for me. i just use the fn-f7 combo t switch over to my 46" vizio lcd tv. i stream hulu and the daily show this way all the time. never had problem. though i concur, trying to extend the monitor in display properties is unusual and unpredictable.