PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Desktop unstable with compiz

dE_logics
August 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I have ATI x1270 card on an 690g chipset and use the opensource ATI radeon drivers.

Since I've turned on compiz, many times the system sorta hangs from the input...but not actually, i.e there will be no response from the keyboard nor the mouse (though it will move), but if I push the power button, the system will shut down normally and restart normally.

This is happening quiet a lot of time.

I think this is a driver issue since they are premature and so the 3-d and 2d acceleration given by them is pretty bad.

BUT the same issue occurs with my friend's laptop who's having an Intel chipset and opensouce drivers which are, I suppose, mature. It's very rare in his system though.

dE_logics
August 25th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I think the problem is with the keyboard and mouse i/o only...the system works perfectly but all of a sudden all inputs from the keyboard and mouse stops, but the system is working perfectly fine. There is just that the power power works fine, so it responds well to the shutdown.

So there's a problem ONLY with the keyboard and mouse i/o.

This must have to do with xorg...

Daveth
August 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
do you get desktop freeze as well? Mine freezes and often takes out both the mouse and keyboard, forcing hard reboot. Driving me nuts!

dE_logics
August 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Similar but no hard reboot...just press the power button and it'll shutdown.

dE_logics
August 28th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I was right...here IS a problem with the inputs solely.

Replugging the mouse will make the mouse work again...however I cant do that for the keyboard.

Ok...When such a thing happens, the mouse courser stops working...I was wrong previously to say that I was able to move it.

dE_logics
August 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
This is EXTREMELY unstable man...