PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgraded from 8.10 to 9.4 and now nvidia graphics card not working correctly

aviedw
August 25th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Decided to upgrade to 9.4, probably wasnt one of my smarter decisions because now my graphics is acting funny. My 3d rendering is setchy, almost like its fighting to work correctly. When i had 8.10 i was using NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.22-pkg1 but when i upgraded to 9.4 it was recommeded that i use NVIDIA-Linux-x86-185.18.36-pkg1. With this new driver my screen savers are choppy and when i drag windows they shutter and leave spots on the screen. Im not sure what to do, i feel like i've tried everything. I've installed envy and allow that app to find a driver for me. It made my system a little bit more stable but it didn't allow 3d rendering because many of the openGL screen savers wouldn't even show up when i tried to preview them. So truthfully im not sure what to do. hopefully someone here has had a similar experience or know of a thread that already touches on this topic. If this is the case please inform me of a possible solution or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.