PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on this YouTube Video?

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 04:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9oKoi4K-KM

Post your thoughts primarily about the video itself opposed to the audio quality.

.Maleficus.
August 25th, 2009, 04:55 AM
pretty girls, funky dancing, good camera work. would watch again A++++++++

running_rabbit07
August 25th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Goes to show what drugs and crappy music will do to a bored white girl in the country.

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 05:00 AM
pretty girls, funky dancing, good camera work. would watch again A++++++++
Be sure and leave some comments on the YouTube page I am sure she would be happy to hear positive feed back. :P

I like the Choreography and how it ties into the song:

The Choreography in this video reflects how it feels to be cheated on. How it blows you away. Emotionally tugs and pulls. The opening of your eyes and taking a fresh breathe of air. Like you have been in the gray for so long, and you are ready to finally make it come to an end.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9oKoi4K-KM

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Goes to show what drugs and crappy music will do to a bored white girl in the country.Actually this girl makes it a point that she doesn't drink or do drugs because she loves her sisters so much, which she incorporates into some of her videos.

She actually may be "a bored white girl in the country"...that also makes great videos! :P

.Maleficus.
August 25th, 2009, 05:02 AM
I would leave comments but I don't have a Youtube account. I've never felt the need for one, even though it's one of my most used sites.

Goes to show what drugs and crappy music will do to a bored white girl in the country.
There were 4 white girls.

running_rabbit07
August 25th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Actually this girl makes it a point that she doesn't drink or do drugs because she loves her 3 year old little sister so much, which she incorporates into many of her videos.

That's cool, it just appeared weird to me.

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 05:06 AM
That's cool, it just appeared weird to me.It is weird but I think she was going for that effect, also I think these girls all took "Tumbling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumbling_%28gymnastics%29)" together, so they are practicing their moves they just learned.

running_rabbit07
August 25th, 2009, 05:07 AM
It is weird but I think she was going for that effect, also these girls all took "Tumbling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumbling_%28gymnastics%29)" together, so they are practicing their moves they just learned.

I have been living in the big city too long. Not used to people showing amotion untill they make the news. I apologize if I made any offense.

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I have been living in the big city too long. Not used to people showing amotion untill they make the news. I apologize if I made any offense.
Hey no worries, I am well familiar with the city life, also. :P

cascade9
August 25th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I tried to watch it, but vocoders ate my patience.

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I tried to watch it, but vocoders ate my patience.LOL! The first time I watched it I turned the volume down and played Ava Adore by the Smashing Pumpkins!

I like it much better played to the Smashing Pumpkins! :P

pwnst*r
August 25th, 2009, 05:25 AM
I would leave comments but I don't have a Youtube account. I've never felt the need for one, even though it's one of my most used sites.

There were 4 white girls.

playlists and faves are the best reasons. in that order.

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 05:27 AM
playlists and faves are the best reasons. in that order.

+1 playlist and favs are awesome!

hanzomon4
August 25th, 2009, 06:01 AM
I think it would be better in Color. Perhaps a better establishing shot. The one you have is good it's just to much of it. The shot with one girl really close to the camera is great and the next 2 transitions work well.

The Medium shot, with the tripod I'm assuming, wasn't straight or level at times and it wasn't very interesting after seeing over and over again. I think you could spice those up by using a dolly (you can make your own)and tracking around the girls (moving from medium to close or extreme close)during the part in the beginning where each one is dancing solo.

For music videos I think tracking shots work well because the music "moves" and the dancers move. That stationary shot during the chorus could have been so powerful had the camera not been so stationary in the beginning. This song really "exhales" at the point of the chorus and the shot you picked for it was dead on. It would have also been neat to use this as your establishing shot in the beginning and then revisiting it during the chorus.

When the verse starts to pick back up it might pay to go back to that establishing shot of the girls kinda exercising or basically not doing the routine.

Besides my hated for videos clarity (I love the grainy look of film) I'd say it was pretty good.

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I think it would be better in Color. Perhaps a better establishing shot. The one you have is good it's just to much of it. The shot with one girl really close to the camera is great and the next 2 transitions work well.

The Medium shot, with the tripod I'm assuming, wasn't straight or level at times and it wasn't very interesting after seeing over and over again. I think you could spice those up by using a dolly (you can make your own)and tracking around the girls (moving from medium to close or extreme close)during the part in the beginning where each one is dancing solo.

For music videos I think tracking shots work well because the music "moves" and the dancers move. That stationary shot during the chorus could have been so powerful had the camera not been so stationary in the beginning. This song really "exhales" at the point of the chorus and the shot you picked for it was dead on. It would have also been neat to use this as your establishing shot in the beginning and then revisiting it during the chorus.

When the verse starts to pick back up it might pay to go back to that establishing shot of the girls kinda exercising or basically not doing the routine.

Besides my hated for videos clarity (I love the grainy look of film) I'd say it was pretty good.
Great post but I didn't make the video, one of the girls in the video did...:P

Direct comments to the person making the video would be best made on the YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9oKoi4K-KM

hanzomon4
August 25th, 2009, 06:10 AM
You can pass it along if you want.. I would feel like a heckler if I posted this on youtube for some reason especially not knowing these people. It's like you just should not critique someone's work while their still on stage.

I feel fine doing it here because... well you asked LOL

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 06:12 AM
You can pass it along if you want.. I would feel like a heckler if posted this on youtube for some reason. It's like you just should not critique someone's work while their still on stage.Very Good Point. :P

pwnst*r
August 25th, 2009, 06:14 AM
lol "thanks"