PDA

View Full Version : wxPerl and wxGlade

stoffe
January 25th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Hello, just wondered if any Ubuntu users have been installing wxPerl (and wxGlade to build GUIs in), and if there are packages available or some intructions on how to do things the correct way. Building everything from source is straightforward enough, but Id like to keep myself within the correct (Ubuntu) way of doing things.

WxPerl at least is tested on Debian, and there are some packages available I think, however I do not know if those are usable, and if the dependencies are fulfilled; frankly I know very little of the apt system under the hood.

It would be very appreciated if someone could give some tips or look into this a little bit, what dependencies are needed and how to go about this. Or, of course, a pointer to an existing repository if that is available. :)

Thanks. :)

rogelio nazar
October 11th, 2007, 06:47 PM
ups! I take back my comment, it was very easy to build from source.

JonPi
November 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM
To find wxGlade and wxFormBuilder click on Add/Remove Programs on the KDE menu. --> Development select wxGlade and wxFormBuilder. Both work well with wxPerl and wxWidgets. You can also use adept or Synaptic Package Manager and enter wxPerl and wxGlade or whatever in the search; all you have to do is mark your selections.

There is a bunch of websites for wxPerl, wxWidgets (C++), wxGlade (Perl, Python, C++).

Have fun!

Jon Piper