PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Frostwire freezes Ubuntu

darkMarko
August 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone. Im using Ubuntu Studio 9.04 and everything worked fine untill i installed Frostwire. The installation froze for 20 mins and i restarted my computer.After restarting i checked if frostwire was installed and it was.But now Synaptic wont work because i interrupted the it.. it says:

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

So naturally i did as Synaptic said but when i run the command it runs Frostwire. Frostwire works normally this way until i try to close it
then it just freezes. I kill it with Force Quit but after that nothing wants to work.. apps wont start,computer wont shut down so i have to restart it.After restarting everything works normally except Synaptic
witch still gives the same message as before..
Please help me i dont want to have to reinstall my os again i had to do it 6 times yesterday becouse of various errors :lolflag:
Thanks in advance

stlsaint
August 24th, 2009, 12:31 PM
hey i dont know much about studio but you may want to uninstall frostwire and go with something else!! or better yet try booting into recovery mode from your menu list at boot and try to "recover broken packages"...usually ubuntu will tell you when there is a broken package as i just had to do this but like i said i dont know much about studio!

Bartender
August 24th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I installed Frostwire recently from the Frostwire .deb. FW tried to start itself up immediately, before the .deb packager was finished. I saw something wasn't right, because the package installer hung just before finishing (you can kind of tell when it's close to being done by the text messages). Either uninstall FW, or reinstall it, and if FW tries to do the same thing, shut it down and let the package installer finish. Then reboot the PC just to make sure and you should be OK.

I'd heard that FW was much safer and all, but there are a LOT of junk files. One of the moderators at Frostwire forum said ignore anything that doesn't show a bitrate. Ignore .snd and .au.

Proceed with caution.

darkMarko
September 1st, 2009, 04:10 PM
Well thanks for all your help guys...but in the end i needed my computer badly for some work so i ended up reinstalling ubuntu studio and AVOIDING frostwire at all costs xD