PDA

View Full Version : The forum is fun tonight.

Regenweald
August 24th, 2009, 02:58 AM
notwithstanding that the mods are busy( hint hint, and great job by the way. Thanks), I was gonna quote and answer, then decided not to feed the trolls :)
What must real life be like for some people that an anonymous online forum is their GRAND STAND.

Ten Hut! Sane People! role call!

Rocket2DMn
August 24th, 2009, 03:00 AM
We have a special tool we keep handy for those intent on trolling and spamming...

http://thebanhammer.com/banhammer1.jpg

Skripka
August 24th, 2009, 03:04 AM
We have a special tool we keep handy for those intent on trolling and spamming...

Only a 5lb sledge? That right there is a kids toy. C'mon I figured you guys would at least get 20 lb sledges :)

CharmyBee
August 24th, 2009, 03:07 AM
There's also the ignore feature that can be useful. You can find it in your mental control panel.

Rocket2DMn
August 24th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Only a 5lb sledge? That right there is a kids toy. C'mon I figured you guys would at least get 20 lb sledges :)

Those are unwieldy to carry around on a regular basis, but we do have some in reserve for the really persistent types.

Regenweald
August 24th, 2009, 04:42 AM
I've been here a little over a year, in recent months the duplicate thing has been becoming a norm. kind of sad really:

'Ha Ha! I'll create another account and say nasty things! cower before my malicious genius!:twisted: this way i'll change the world......scratch that, forum'

they make me smile ;)

Stay on my six men! things could get hairy!

Edit: that is a big *** hammer.

coldReactive
August 24th, 2009, 05:41 AM
There's also the ignore feature that can be useful. You can find it in your mental control panel.

There's also a REAL one too ;)

http://ubuntuforums.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Crunchy the Headcrab
August 24th, 2009, 05:53 AM
There's also a REAL one too ;)

http://ubuntuforums.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist

That's what he was referring to. ;)

Wim Sturkenboom
August 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Only a 5lb sledge? That right there is a kids toy. C'mon I figured you guys would at least get 20 lb sledges :)It's not about the tool but how one uses it.

lisati
August 24th, 2009, 07:10 AM
It's not about the tool but how one uses it.

Umm er....(brief pause to get mind out of the gutter)

Be sure to have ear plugs available for sensitive sorts who might not want to hear "colourful" language when you hit the wrong nail firmly with the hammer.

t0p
August 24th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I see relatively few trolls in these forums. Sure there are users like me, ocasionally annoying and (unintentionally) rude at times. But true trolls rarely pop up. Whether this is due to the hard-line, take-no-prisoners attitude of the mods, or whether they find Ubuntu too boring a subject to troll about, I don't know. But you will find plenty of "anti-Linux" trolls on other technology-centric web sites and Usenet newsgroups. In fact, if you want to examine the troll in its native habitat, you should fire up your newsreader and check out the newsgroups! "Anti-Linux" trolls are an interesting breed. You just need to remember not to take them too seriously. They are aiming to get a reaction, that's all. They don't really want to fsck your mother! ;)

like Linux. And many more may not particularly like Linux, but they don't actively hate it either. They just want to wind you up. If you get all offended, they have won. This is why many folk say "Do not feed the trolls." Though I am aware how hard that can be sometimes.]

Chame_Wizard
August 24th, 2009, 01:28 PM

http://thebanhammer.com/banhammer1.jpg

:lolflag: good one.

Anti LINUX?more like "Anti F/LOSS trolls".

Sporkman
August 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
They don't really want to fsck your mother! ;)

:lol:

mybunche
August 24th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Fun! Hell yea!

Why?

I just installed Google Chrome browser, and loading these forum pages is fast. Did I say fast? Yea! So this is making it fun. :P