PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] rtorrent upgrade

domiNATE
August 24th, 2009, 02:25 AM
hey guys,

i just noticed that my rtorrent/libtorrent installation is slightly outdated

just wondering, if i was to update my rtorrent/libtorrent installation, would i lose all the torrents and information that's stored in my session folder? would i have to re-load and re-hash all of my existing torrents?

cheers

davidshere
August 24th, 2009, 03:23 AM
hey guys,

i just noticed that my rtorrent/libtorrent installation is slightly outdated

just wondering, if i was to update my rtorrent/libtorrent installation, would i lose all the torrents and information that's stored in my session folder? would i have to re-load and re-hash all of my existing torrents?

cheers

I would guess not. I have, to my knowledge never updated rtorrent. I usually just run all the updates and not really pay attention to what they are, so maybe I have updated it and not known it.

Even if you did lose your session directory, the worst thing that could happen is that you would lose your stats on your upload/download ratio.

Do you use the option to monitor a directory and automatically load the torrents from that directory? If you di, then it will just pick up all of those and start downloading or seeding them again. I don't know if it would do a rehash first.

If you don't use that option, and you simply loaded each torrent from the user interface, you may have to go find all the torrent files for the torrents you're currently participating in, and have them ready in case you lose your session.

But, again, I would think you would not lose your session.

domiNATE
August 24th, 2009, 04:46 AM
thanks for the reply mate.

i do indeed monitor a directory for torrents, so if i did lose my session data, it wouldn't be a hassle to re-load the torrents.

the only thing i'm worried about is losing my upload/download stats and ratio for each of the torrents, but then again, it's not really a big deal.

i'll try upgrading soon, depending on the changelog, and hopefully it retains my session data.