PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu remix

Brascocampbell
August 23rd, 2009, 11:04 PM
soo....Eeepc had widows.now has ubuntu.my son cant recall his log in name or password.
i cant get anything to boot by sd or USB so i can re install and wipe all the old/corrupted/widows XP out of this netbook.
at first i had no screen,got that where i can see it at log in screen.
tried other linux's and no avail.was hoping any of them would get me in and a bit of partition work would have me on my way.no such luck.NOTHING will boot.
great....now to back to black screen and no further than i was

junke1990
August 24th, 2009, 12:04 AM
on boot grub will show if you press escape and run the recovery mode drop to the shell en change the pass? would that be possible?

Brascocampbell
August 29th, 2009, 01:28 AM
ok then..............
got remix to install.
still unsure what i did,but it is all working just fine now.
sorry to bother you all lmao

:popcorn:

Brascocampbell
August 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM
here is what i did
had black screen
i think i got it to the screen in the part where the screen is blue and you can change the boot options and and boot order.i think it was f10 ,enter ,yes, enter?
anyways it sets the default settings so you can do something with it LOL.the comp was booting up,but to a black screen.since the screen was back up i got a copy of net re mix on a thumbdrive and it booted right up.and i then installed it.the other remix i had where my son forgot the password,it kept giving at the boot screen
i kept getting a casper vmlinux ??? thing onscreen and could not boot or install or do anything.no clue what that was all about , but got the netbook up and installed and it is working to perfection now.
thanks