PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiling KDE4.3 on intrepid

fela
August 22nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
I'm trying to compile KDE 4.3 from source on intrepid. I have all the dependencies and everything, I've compiled and installed qt4 which took a little while even on my computer workhorse :)

So now when I run cmakekde in the source directory, it tells me that I have an old version of automoc, one of the build dependencies. Now of course it's old because I'm using intrepid (refuse to use jaunty :P), and the solution (I assume) lies in compiling the later version of automoc from source. That's the problem. It's seemed like I've scanned the whole web, and for the life of me I can't find where to get automoc! It sounds pathetic doens't it?! Lol. Help me out here please! :)

Thanks

jacksaff
August 23rd, 2009, 03:07 AM
Try downloading the .deb for jaunty directly from packages.ubuntu.com

kellemes
August 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Or get Karmic, KDE 4.3 is included.

fela
August 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Or get Karmic, KDE 4.3 is included.

I would but this machine needs stable software (I wasn't intending on using kde4.3 full time, normally I use gnome :)). Karmic isn't stable yet, and I'd only use it once 10.04 is out anyway. I'm gonna switch directly to 10.04 when 10.10 comes out :P Intrepid is fine for now.

Try downloading the .deb for jaunty directly from packages.ubuntu.com

I'll try that when I get the time next :) Thanks. I didn't think that would work but it's worth a try I guess. By the way, isn't it lots of packages that need installing?