PDA

View Full Version : tiny core

mystmaiden
August 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
I use puppy on a couple of machines and really like it but today I found tiny core while I was surfing around. Anyone used this one? Opinions?

myst

bodyharvester
August 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
i have tiny core as in .iso but ive never actually used it, ive also got an arch linux somewhere and a puppy. my 128mb usb already has puppy (seamonkey) installed and i dont have my 1Gb usb here, ill have to wait, im much more interested in tiny core than arch

mystmaiden
August 24th, 2009, 08:42 PM
so far I think tiny core looks pretty neat but not sure its for me. I love that is trimmed down like it is, but I may need just a wee bit more. I couldn't get the apps thing to connect so no web browser and I pretty much need that to reference their site and figure out what I'm doing. I may feel differently when I fiddle with it a bit more.

myst

Chilli Bob
August 25th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I was absolutely stunned by how fast it boots, (but only if you are lucky enough to have compatible hardware). It needs too much added to it to be useful though, so I never gave it a full try out.

HappinessNow
August 25th, 2009, 05:33 AM
i was absolutely stunned by how fast it boots, (but only if you are lucky enough to have compatible hardware). It needs too much added to it to be useful though, so i never gave it a full try out.+1

kerry_s
August 25th, 2009, 05:57 AM
at the time i tried it i didn't have a way to connect to the internet, it would have been great if it had ndiswrapper or the zd1211-fimware, with no internet connection it was completely useless. after that i just moved on to other things.