PDA

View Full Version : Laptop/Notebook safety on Lap/Stomach

razorboy5
August 22nd, 2009, 05:10 AM
Hi

sry i found a few of these discussions on google but didn't really find a solid answer

during the summer break i just love staying in my boxers and watching a movie on my laptop on the bed with the laptop on my stomach (or lower)

why did they switch the name "laptop" to "notebook" i know it was because it was too hot to put on a lap but was it for legal reasons? or just thought it was better suited?

also is this safe? I heard a few people saying the radiation will damage sperm count, and i do plan on having a family probably :confused:

as u can see on my siggy my laptops not the best but i think it's not a "weak" machine so does that mean it'll give off more radiation?

thx

tgalati4
August 22nd, 2009, 05:45 AM
I use an iLap by rain design. It's an aluminum tray that's lightweight, yet stiff. Keeps the heat off.

gletob
August 22nd, 2009, 05:49 AM
Personally I think the radiation stuff is a load of crap. As for the heat though, that can damage your little swimmers. I keep my laptop on a desk and if I have to be in bed are sitting with it in my lap then I make sure to keep it a little further down if you know what I mean.

schauerlich
August 22nd, 2009, 05:55 AM
Sound like some hot hot laptop action you've got going there.

Generally, if I'm putting the laptop on my lap, I'll have it closer to my knees than to my stomach. When I lay down, I put my knees up and rest the base of the laptop on my thighs, with the front edge resting at the bottom of my stomach. It generally keeps things from getting uncomfortable.

Regenweald
August 22nd, 2009, 06:53 AM
you should invest in a laptop cooling fan if your movie watching habits will stay the same. our boys don't deal with heat particularly well.

earthpigg
August 22nd, 2009, 07:28 AM
you should not put a laptop on your testicles for the same reason you should not iron or blowdry them:

heat = bad.

gn2
August 22nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
you should not put a laptop on your testicles for the same reason you should not iron or blowdry them:

heat = bad.

Correct, it's why they are located externally from the torso, for cooling.

It's well known that scotsmen don't wear anything under the kilt, now you know why ;)

speedwell68
August 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
I'm not that worried about the heat or radiation from a laptop damaging myself, but it can get uncomfortable. So I just use a standard household laptray. There are plenty of designs to choose from....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=tray+lap&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=3498688273&ref=pd_sl_150yjye6c_b

hobo14
August 22nd, 2009, 03:16 PM

heat = bad.

What!? I shouldn't give my testicles a thorough iron and quick blowdry after a shower?

bodyharvester
August 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
What!? I shouldn't give my testicles a thorough iron and quick blowdry after a shower?

well, bacteria do thrive in warm damp conditions, so you will have to make sure you are clean first