PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE panel has no space

Kinetic_lord
August 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM
Hello,

i created a new panel in KDE at the top of the screen, i removed the task manager and moved it to the bottom for some extra space. The problem is the other widgets in the panel are stretching to cover the empty space (like the system tray that looks horrible now, covering 50% of the panel and the clock). How can i add some "empty" space in the panel or make the widgets stop stretching?

w00ly
August 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM
Click the cashew for the panel -> add spacer, move and resize to fit

Kinetic_lord
August 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
cashew???

Kinetic_lord
August 21st, 2009, 08:53 PM
I forgot to mention that i have KDE 4.2

jtappin
August 21st, 2009, 08:57 PM
cashew???
The little curvy thing at the extreme right of the panel (it looks as if the forums won't upload an image only link to those already online or I'd put a screenshot). If it's not there then you probably have widgets locked -- you then need to right-click on the cashew on the desktop -- by default in the top right corner -- and select "unlock widgets".

SuperSonic4
August 21st, 2009, 08:58 PM
The cashew is the thing on the far right of a panel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/SuperSonic4/Screenshots/snapshot1-2.png

Kinetic_lord
August 21st, 2009, 09:07 PM
Ok guys, i clicked on that and now i have the "panel settings" black bar above my panel, it has some option to resize it, place it else where, lock widgets, and "More settings". I can not find that add spacer thing anywhere! It's not in the panel settings, neither in "add widgets".

Dullstar
August 22nd, 2009, 06:31 AM
Hold on a sec... let me close almost everything and log into KDE.

Dullstar
August 22nd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Blarg... cannot figure this out... if anyone is wondering, that's why I don't really like KDE.

w00ly
August 22nd, 2009, 07:01 AM
Ok guys, i clicked on that and now i have the "panel settings" black bar above my panel, it has some option to resize it, place it else where, lock widgets, and "More settings". I can not find that add spacer thing anywhere! It's not in the panel settings, neither in "add widgets".
Odd, maybe they added it in 4.3, cause that's what I have and "add spacer" is right in between "add widgets" and "lock widgets"

MadnessRed
August 22nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
I have same problem, i installed kde onto ubuntu from symnaptic.

Also I found this, gonna test it out.
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Panel+Spacer?content=89304

MadnessRed
August 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
edit: it doesn't work for me. I have uploaded a screen of what I have atm, its not very good but it works.

ps. Can anyone tell me why my top panels are blue but my bottom panel is black? If I resize the bottom one its goes blue but as soon as it becomes full screen again its black.

edit2: I made a new panel and that's blue. also I have KDE 4.2.2