PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to report spam?

Tamalin
August 21st, 2009, 04:17 AM
I received some extremely insulting emails from a mysterious creep. He sent me about 10 before I stopped him. Now I want to know how to report him to some authorities. He had a gmail account, but I don't, and I don't know how to report him to Google. Does anyone know where I can report him?

kornyam
August 21st, 2009, 04:20 AM
Does this help?
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=abuse_phishing

doas777
August 21st, 2009, 04:23 AM
it if was threatening, call the local police. if offensive, google is your best bet. if you think you were specifically targeted, you may want to make a new account.

Tamalin
August 21st, 2009, 04:34 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have headers for the Gmail form, because the message was sent via a PHP script, so it even though I have his address, he didn't send it from his account, so the headers are not his.
Edit: I do not know if I am specifically targeted. How would I know? I am currently drowning in offensive spam, from more than one address...

sydbat
August 21st, 2009, 05:18 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have headers for the Gmail form, because the message was sent via a PHP script, so it even though I have his address, he didn't send it from his account, so the headers are not his.
Edit: I do not know if I am specifically targeted. How would I know? I am currently drowning in offensive spam, from more than one address...Stupid question - what do you consider offensive?

I get (and I'm sure we all get) spam that tries to convince us that our genitalia are too small or that we need a blue pill for satisfaction. If this is the type of spam you are talking about, I would not take it personally, but I would block the address with your spam filter.

Also, if it really is from one address at gmail, notify Google. It might be a legit address that has been compromised or simply a spammer who has set it up until it is deactivated...but Google can't deactivate it if they don't know what's going on.

My $.000003/18

Dishevel
August 21st, 2009, 06:01 AM
Ummm. Someone ... Offended you. Try getting over it. Really. Do not waste your time on this person. Get over it and get on.

MikeTheC
August 21st, 2009, 06:08 AM
...which then leads us to:

STEP 7: Hire this Jedi

http://www.jorusfett.com/photogallery/Autographs/ROTS_Anakin_Skywalker.jpg

He'll positively solve your spam problem.

bodyharvester
August 21st, 2009, 09:42 AM
...which then leads us to:

STEP 7: Hire this Jedi

http://www.jorusfett.com/photogallery/Autographs/ROTS_Anakin_Skywalker.jpg

He'll positively solve your spam problem.

how do you know it wasnt him sending the spam?

cmay
August 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Edit: I do not know if I am specifically targeted. How would I know? I am currently drowning in offensive spam, from more than one address...

keep all evidence ,call your internet provider and ask what to do. if someone sends spam its not something i think they will do much about but if it is threatening and targeted you as a person then there is good chance they will if not do something then inform you what to do.

hope you find a solution sto this.