PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu viruses in Africa, lol, because there are many viruses

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM
here is a bit of my conversation with a Windows user/friend:

He said: "a lot of people have told me that linux has a lot of viruses on it with it being used in africa where a lot of viruses (EDIT: COMPUTER related, not HIV or AIDS) come from"

then:

"well he seems to know more about computers than anyone else i know so i guess he will pick the better operating system :P"

EDIT: the "superior" OS he meant was win7

LMAO, windows users are endless fun to me

hackerseraph
August 20th, 2009, 06:34 PM
lulz! I'd love to see a virus thrive in linux' inhospitable environment. :lolflag:

RabbitWho
August 20th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Self satisfaction and elitism is worse than any Trojan.

RiceMonster
August 20th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Self satisfaction and elitism is worse than any Trojan.

/thread

LowSky
August 20th, 2009, 06:38 PM
well i'm speechless...

majamba
August 20th, 2009, 06:41 PM
wow i got to say its true fact it has more viruses than win7 that why everytime my brother touches any kind of win 7 it stops working and when i run antivirus it tells me there already 2 virus for 5 minutes

wow amazing

other than that i feel prety safe when those website keep redirecting to another website and asking to download some .exe file that is probably a virus but i feel safe with ubuntu because i can't run it and os is different

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 06:45 PM
wow i got to say its true fact it has more viruses than win7 that why everytime my brother touches any kind of win 7 it stops working and when i run antivirus it tells me there already 2 virus for 5 minutes

there are viruses for win7? crazy

and for rabbitwho, ill never stop feeling good about myself for using a superior product that HE looks down on

ibuclaw
August 20th, 2009, 06:56 PM
He said: "a lot of people have told me that linux has a lot of viruses on it with it being used in africa where a lot of viruses come from"

Hmm ... actually, most viruses/trojans on average originate from Eastern Europe.

Don't know where they got africa from ... the idea may be related to Ubuntu being an african word and Mark being a South African, and they are just turning that into folklore. But that still doesn't stop Ubuntu originating from/main HQ being in Britain. ;)

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hmm ... actually, most viruses/trojans on average originate from Eastern Europe.

Don't know where they got africa from ... the idea may be related to Ubuntu being an african word and Mark being a South African, and they are just turning that into folklore. But that still doesn't stop Ubuntu originating from/main HQ being in Britain. ;)

Eastern Europe? really? i had no idea, but i dont know much more than the fact that they attack windows. as for where they got the africa thing from, my guess is e-mails that suggest you've won the nigerian lottery or something in an effort to get your card details, thats all i can think of.:(

Ubuntu's HQ is here in Britain? cool!

LowSky
August 20th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Eastern Europe and Asia is where most of the PC problems come from... well mostly. Africa is where all the email banker scams come from (Nigeria is infamous for it). The Americas love to do Information fishing, and card card scamming. Western Europe is synonymous for creating open source applications and operating systems, LOL.

frego
August 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
He said: "a lot of people have told me that linux has a lot of viruses on it with it being used in africa where a lot of viruses come from"

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

(is what I'd say to him!):lolflag:

koenn
August 20th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Eastern Europe and Asia is where most of the PC problems come from... well mostly. Africa is where all the email banker scams come from (Nigeria is infamous for it). The Americas love to do Information fishing, and card card scamming. Western Europe is synonymous for creating open source applications and operating systems, LOL.

lol

gn2
August 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM

If you ask it nicely, W7 will probably run all the old viruses in compatibility mode.

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 08:51 PM
If you ask it nicely, W7 will probably run all the old viruses in compatibility mode.

haha >.< that was awesome

The Toxic Mite
August 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM
here is a bit of my conversation with a Windows user/friend:

then:

"well he seems to know more about computers than anyone else i know so i guess he will pick the better operating system :P"

EDIT: the "superior" OS he meant was win7

LMAO, windows users are endless fun to me

That... is quite racist...

:|

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 09:38 PM

:|

i know what you mean, but i dont think racist is the best word, maybe, immature?

sydbat
August 20th, 2009, 09:38 PM

:|I agree. Mostly because I think the 'friend' was referring to human viruses (HIV/AIDS) and equating them with computer viruses.

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I agree. Mostly because I think the 'friend' was referring to human viruses (HIV/AIDS) and equating them with computer viruses.

now thats just sick:(

j.bell730
August 20th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I agree. Mostly because I think the 'friend' was referring to human viruses (HIV/AIDS) and equating them with computer viruses.

In fact, I was thinking the same thing.

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 09:43 PM
In fact, I was thinking the same thing.

really? you think i should edit the first post to make it clear by stating, not HIV?AIDS related? ill do that now

EDIT: done, hope that clears up the racist thing

sydbat
August 20th, 2009, 09:43 PM
now thats just sick:(Maybe. But I bet that is where your friend was going with the analogy. Why not ask and find out?

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Maybe. But I bet that is where your friend was going with the analogy. Why not ask and find out?

wasnt, i dont want to cause offense but im a little insulted by that accusation, i edited the post to make things clear

sydbat
August 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM
wasnt, i dont want to cause offense but im a little insulted by that accusation, i edited the post to make things clearSorry. No insult intended.

bodyharvester
August 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Sorry. No insult intended.

its okay, when The Toxic Mite posted that i thought he was saying something about my preference of linux over windows, didnt realize anyone would see it as a hiv/aids related comment, i honestly never saw that, i hope no-one was offended by that :(