PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Mac4Lin in Xubuntu

MaindotC
August 20th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I downloaded the Mac4Lin theme and extracted it to the directory where Xubuntu has themes, but when I go to Settings Manager -> User Interface it doesn't allow me to select Mac4Lin as a theme. I downloaded the MacOS9 theme and that worked, probably because that folder is accompanied by a .theme file.

Has anyone installed Mac4Lin in Xubuntu without going through every single setting and selecting each part of the theme (border, icon, font, etc) individually?

rednano12
August 20th, 2009, 07:16 PM
If you want the mac look, here's a good post: http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/design-your-own-desktop-with-xfce-44-part-2/

But it seems he did the one-by-one thing as well.

MaindotC
August 20th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah I actually know how to google so I found that already. I don't know if this is included in the Mac4Lin documentation but what I had to do was make the ~/.themes ~/.icons directories and THEN run the install script. Now they are detected and I have everything I need. Thanks!

Nburnes
August 20th, 2009, 07:25 PM
In regular ubuntu all I had to do was sudo sh ./blah/blah/blah/Mac4LinInstaller.sh

MaindotC
August 20th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah well it's not the same in xubuntu that's why I tagged the thread with Xubuntu.