PDA

View Full Version : [edubuntu] Complex issue.... re slow browers fast everything else

Hamma Hedd
August 20th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Not sure if this was an issue of my own creation or messing up something or what ever.... But my web pages - across a number of browsers from Firefox, Chrome, Galeon etc., are frequently NOT making the connection and loading. The typical scenario - I will open a search, and open several results in new tabs and they will generally "start polling" which means they kind of make the connection - but don't download the content - or if they do it takes a LONG time and or not at all - and or it may take a heap of reloads. Sometimes the browsers will open a few pages pretty quickly and then I go to read and digest the data, and then go to open a few more pages and the never load effect kicks in. BUT everything else on the internet connection runs at full speed. Somewhere between the browsers per sae, and the internet connection it's self, lies the problem. I think I need to modify or repair that part of the ubuntu programming it's self. Any ideas on how to fix?