PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] I killed firefox!

ZoSo86
August 20th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Hello!
Well first at all I thought that I was in spanish forum, anyway I'm gonna try to explain my problem here. Sorry for my english.
Yesterday I was trying to install chromifox but this plugin said me that I havent the last version of firefox, I saw it, and was true, and trying to install the last version, I had to install it from the webpage of firefox (I think that firefox-3.0 is the last version, and 3.5.2 the beta version, althought for windows there is final version).
Well, to install the last version I was using (removing and creating) system folders like /usr/bin/firefox /usr/lib/firefox etc...
And then when I open the firefox, a message in red tells me that there's a file using by another app and for security the bookmarks and history will be unable. Also I cant change the language.
I was trying to erase all about firefox and install it by console, by apt-get, and a long etc... (hard to explain in english the times and ways that I used) but nothing fix the problem.
I killed firefox!!! :(
Now Im using Epiphany wich is ok but I love firefox!
I'll be glad to hear that isn't necesary erase all my data (I'm a begginer in Ubuntu, and Windows users make this, well you know...)
Thanks for all!
One more time, sorry for my english.
Cheers!

ZoSo86
August 20th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I fixed the history and bookmarks problem erasing .mozilla folder wich is in home folder.
But stills in english, I think I'm gonna format and goodbye problems... :s

andru183
August 20th, 2009, 10:29 PM
firefox is dead!!! OH NO!!!!! prehaps using another browser??? easier than formating