PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] One desktop to far?

Pete051
August 19th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I upgraded to jaunty a couple of months back and I've never experienced a more buggy version of Kubuntu that this.
The last upgrade of KDE broke it totally, I had to go over to using Gnome but Gnome always seems to me to be unfinished fast but too many things don't work like the cd burning software, so ok not a long term option.
So a brief flirtation with arch linux interesting but I don't have the time for all that configuration at the moment,it reminds me of Gentoo.
So I've reinstalled Kubuntu most things work again although it still couldn't get the screen resolution right max 800 x 600 not good on a 17" laptop,so I swapped xorg.conf with a version from slackware. The network manager has had to be replaced with wicd odd the Gnome version worked perfectly.
Now I've used Ubuntu of and on ever since hoary hedgehog (or was it warty warthog?) and they've all been very modern and stable distros but it seems there was pressure to use the lastest and greatest Kde version even before it was stable, a mistake in my opinion

Copernicus1234
August 19th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Roger that.