PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to change the interface on the Ubuntu Netbook Remix

optimistique1
August 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Hi All

Is there a way to change the interface on the Ubuntu Netbook Remix installation so that the desktop just looks like the normal ubuntu?
Many thanks
Garry

m.rankovic
August 19th, 2009, 08:49 PM
System > Preferences > Switch Desktop Mode

RainKap
August 20th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Yes, I've done that on my Aspire One, but now I've switched back to the Netbook Remix desktop it's throwing wobblies - applications and Nautilus windows open with the "classic" desktop style except that the top RH corner buttons to minimise, maximise/restore and close are missing. If I switch back to "classic" desktop it brings up a full screen window for my home directory, and if I close that window I have a bare desktop with icons for the wastebasket, computer and my home directory and nothing else - the only way out is to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down or restart. I wonder whether this might be because I used Ubuntu-Tweak - I'll try tomorrow to use Ubuntu-Tweak to restore the defaults...

Ian

RainKap
August 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Tried this morning and found that I was stuck with the minimalist desktop as described in my previous post - decided to use my USB CD drive to install bog-standard Ubuntu, which at first sight seems to be OK...

Ian