PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] no sound

Lluraeden
August 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I just installed the automatic updates for ubuntu 8.10 two days ago (I'm not sure what was included, I simply clicked install all) unfortunately now ubuntu acts as if it is muted, regardless of what I do with the volume control. I'm not sure if it was the updates, but it seems the most likely culprit. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if so; or even not; is there a way to fix it? I would very much like to hear some music.... THanks,
Lluraeden

Lluraeden
August 31st, 2009, 07:01 PM
I've kept installing the updates since, but still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking I'll have to reinstall the OS, because Windows XP, supposed to be my backup system, is all I'm using now. Can anyone shed any light here for me? Thanks for all the help you guys have given me so far...
Lluraeden

holycow131415
August 31st, 2009, 07:20 PM
i had sound problems too. this solved my problem. i pressed esc key when grub is loading, booted into an eariler kernal, and my sound was fine. so i uninstalled from package manager all newer linux-images. i restarted, then reinstalled the newest linux-image, booted into it and all was fine.