PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screenlets applets don't work

Chogogo
August 19th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Hello

I just installed Jaunty and I installed "Screenlets". I run the application and I come to the Screenlets Manager window, I Select an applets "for ex the clock" and then I click on "launch/Add" buttom but nothing happens! No applets comes up...not even an error message.

I have also gdesklets application and It works ok, but I like "screenlets"

What could be wrong? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help and may Gud bless you.

Razgriz PR
August 23rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Sorry for not giving you and answer but I have the same problem and also trying to find a solution I was about to post a question when I found yours. Hope someone could help us.

hansdown
August 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Chogogo.

I'm using the basic clock as an example.

On the bottom left, check the "start/stop" box.

To make it run on login, check the "auto start on login" box.

Chogogo
August 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Sorry for not giving you and answer but I have the same problem and also trying to find a solution I was about to post a question when I found yours. Hope someone could help us.
Hello.
I Found a solution in another forum. It was a "permitions" problem.

Run the program from the terminal (open a terminal and write: screenlets <ENTER>) then do the same(Try to activate a widget)

An error message should come up in the terminal. I my case was a Lack of permisions to write a log file in certain folder. You can paste your output here to see whats going on.

The solution (in my case): Change the authorizations for this folder (allow all user to write and read) and It worked.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards and God bless you!

Razgriz PR
August 24th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Hi, Thanks for the help, it looks like I forgot to change that folder's permissions hehe, Thanks alot!