PDA

View Full Version : Who frequents a.o.l.u? And why?

t0p
August 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM
alt.os.linux.ubuntu is an ubuntu-centric usenet newsgroup. I dip in occasionally, but I don't rate it much. Compared to these forums, it's a right bunch of crap.

But that's just my point of view. There are several users who post there regularly. So I'd like to know: are there any regular a.o.l.u users here? Why do you use a.o.l.u? How do you think it compares to Ubuntu Forums? Have you ever posted a support question in a.o.l.u? What was the response like?

While we're talking newsgroups: anyone here ever used c.o.l.a (comp.os.linux.advocacy)? What do you reckon to that group? Do you love/hate/are you indifferent about Roy Schestowitz?

Anyone interested in checking out these newsgroups, but doesn't want to bother using a usenet client, can look at these groups (and lots of others) through Google Groups (http://groups.google.com). Just type aolu or cola into the search box. You're in for a treat... especially from c.o.l.a! :p

andrew.46
August 23rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hi t0p,

there any regular a.o.l.u users here?

I am a regular user and I will admit that I quite enjoy the group. Sure it is a different world from these forums, certainly a little wilder at times, but usenet has been going for a long, long time and I firmly believe it is still a vital part of the Linux world.

See you in there :-).

Andrew