PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB Mic

alanhunter
August 19th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Hi I am looking for some help with getting my Logitech E350 usb mic working, video works just fine.

When I first plugged in the Web cam both cam and mic were recognized and I was able to record using the mic and it worked perfectly with Ekiga softphone. Once I did a reboot the mic was still recognized but I could not record any sound or use it with Ekiga softphone. I checked all info on the web and have done all the tests and set all the defaults but stiil can not get it to work. I have done several fresh installs of Ubuntu 9.04 and find I get the same results each time.

I upgraded Alsa from 1.0.18 to 1.0.20 (as this got my mic working on my dell mini 10v with Ubuntu 9.04) but found that the usb mic dissapeared from the volume control panel and did not show up on the system.

This morning my system automatically upgraded to Linux Kernel 2.6.28.15 and after a reboot I found that my mic was again recognized and working but once I did a second reboot I was back to the situation of my mic being recognized but not working.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.