PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Want to stop Konqueror launching automatically from Ubuntu

ublondie
August 19th, 2009, 08:48 AM
In brief: I have both KDE and Gnome desktop managers installed on a new Ubuntu 9.04 install on my computer (I actually find that I still use Gnome mostly at this stage). Now when I am using Gnome though, Konqueror loads as the default file manager which I find quite annoying.

Can anyone tell me how can I disable, or change that? I would like Nautilus to run by default in Gnome, and of course 'K' applications can run by default in KDE.

Here's some more info on my computer and installation:

Ubuntu 9.04 is installed on a new clean hard drive (ie, no Windows partitions). As with a lot of people, I was curious about other desktop managers and also installed the KDE version that comes shipped with Ubuntu 9.04. (Gnome was loaded first with the original installation of Ubuntu).

After being a bit confused with all the items now on the menus (in Gnome), I found and installed 'gnome-menu-extended', to keep Gnome and KDE programs listed separately. Love it!

The one thing that bugs me mostly is whenever I need the use of a file manager in Gnome, Konqueror is still the one to start by default and I'm finding it a bit annoying. I would like Nautilus to load when I'm using Gnome.

I'm not sure why, but when I installed KDE I selected KDM to be the default display manager. I thought maybe that could be part of the problem so I changed it back to select GDM to be the default display manager by doing the following; sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm ....but still no change.

Any help would be appreciated (I haven't been able to find anything after numerous searches).

Thanks.