PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ATI dual monitor native resolution

nasachusetts
August 19th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Hello,
I am having numerous problems with my radeon hd 4670 card running on ubuntu x64. I am using the proprietary ATI driver and followed their instructions to set up. I have my PC hooked up to two monitors and a CRT TV cannot seem to switch between them either in Catalyst or Ubunt display settings. What frustrates me the most right now is that I cannot get the correct native resolution on my lcd monitor which is currently stuck at a resolution of 1280 x 768 and is supposed to be at 1680 x 1200. To make matters worse, when I had my TV plugged into the s video out, it only displayed on the TV and I had to unplug the set all together and restart before I got it to switch to the monitor. Everything was working and I was able to have dual monitor setup with the correct resolution before I plugged in the TV now I cannot seem to get it back to the way it was. At this point I really don't care if I have TV out but I need to have the correct native resolution on the lcd monitor. Is there anything I could do to fix this issue?