PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No audio from Flash 10 in Firefox 3.0.13 on YouTube

figneutron
August 19th, 2009, 06:02 AM
After hours and hours of struggle, I finally managed to install Flash 10 in Firefox 3.0.13 running Ubuntu 9.04. The reason I installed Flash 10 was to play videos on YouTube and other sites. When I had surfed to YouTube with Flash 9 installed, YouTube directed me to install Flash 10. Now, I am sure Flash 10 is operating on YouTube, because I right-clicked on the YouTube video screen and the message "About Flash 10" popped up. Furthermore, the Flash 10 player is listed on the Firefox/Tools/ Add-ons screen. However, even with Flash 10 installed, I still don't have audio on YouTube! Yet, I have audio when I play a music cd or listen to internet radio and also when I play the video in the /home/username/Examples directory, the one with the guy talking about the Ubuntu Forum. I hear him just fine. So, why don't I have sound when Flash 10 is playing on YouTube? By the way, I can't get any system sounds or effects to play even though my system sound files are in the right directory.

Lunatik-X
September 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem, can someone please help? :???:

Holeposts
September 9th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Someone keeps ignoring the fact this is a REAL problem. Same issue. Audio works everywhere but Youtube or other embedded videos. I've tried upgrading browsers, reinstalling plug-ins, checking permissions, but I am rusty enough on Linux that I haven't found the solution to the problem that IS a problem. I keep searching....

johanbove
October 6th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hi, i have the same issue on FireFox 3.5.3 with Flash player version 10,0,32,18.

No audio is audible or playing from any embedded flash video in either Youtube, Vimeo, etc.

It's not a rights problem since the ~/.mozilla folder has my ownership and group ownership.

Nor did it fix anything to remove cookies and reinstall the plugins.

VertexPusher
October 6th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Try removing PulseAudio.

johanbove
October 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks! That seems to have fixed the issue.

Dirtpile
October 9th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Thanks +1

Worked for me too, until I rebooted again in the morning that is.

Anybody have a permanent solution?

Nevermind, it's working again. Tried everything i could find with no success so i tried reinstalling pulseaudio and re-uninstalling it with complete removal. Three restarts later and it still works.

juntjoo
November 28th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Try removing PulseAudio.
okay, looks like we have a solution, but how do you go about removing pulseaudio? i'm new to ubuntu so forgive me.

juntjoo
November 28th, 2009, 11:22 PM
oh okay, i found it in some "synaptic" thing