PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issues with 32bit OpenGL Libraries on Ubuntu 64bit

beastrace91
August 19th, 2009, 04:22 AM
My Wine/Cedega applications will not load because of an issue with my 32bit OpenGL libraries... I currently am running the nVidia 190.18 beta drivers (how ever just to be sure it wasn't a driver issue I tried installing the 185.18.31 and they yield the same results) Any idea what I can do to get this working? I have the ia32-libs packaged installed as suggested by many different places online with no luck. I am open to suggestions here - really miss my games :/

Also I can confirm the gfx drivers are installed and working via native 3D apps working correctly.
~Jeff

Natanael
December 13th, 2011, 08:52 AM
For those, who will get here searching for the solution of this problem, as I did.
The only good solution I've found is to add to file association a variable set.

Step by step:
System Settings -> File associations, in the searchbox type exe, click on the arrow on left of application, click on x-ms-dos-executable, in right panel on Wine Windows Program Loader click Change, -> Program, in Command box add at the begining: "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32/nvidia-current ".

If you want to run other program then exe (like .ahk) must do the same for it's extension.

If you want to run a program not by doubleclicking, but for example from terminal, you must do it like this:
in the program directory, let it be World of Warcraft directory run
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32/nvidia-current wine wow.exe

and it should run with opengl without problems.