PDA

View Full Version : Dell hits back at anti-linux FUD

Viva
August 19th, 2009, 02:27 AM
http://www.liliputing.com/2009/08/dell-linux-windows-netbook-return-rates-are-about-the-same.html

Interesting point about users not knowing what they're buying.

lisati
August 19th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Good point.

phrostbyte
August 19th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I wonder how Dell is getting away with this.

toupeiro
August 19th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Truthfully, most people do not realise the scope of what an OS is. I don't think its all that uncommon. I mean seriously, when was the last time there was ever real OS choice from big vendors like this other than Windows? I applaud Dell for this.

binbash
August 19th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Good point +1

tsali
August 19th, 2009, 09:53 AM
But that’s a marketing problem, not a technical issue.

Gee whiz...if linux has issues, it's always somebody else's fault...:roll:

It doesn't matter WHY they bring them back...only that they do.

bodyharvester
August 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM
see, i kind of admire dell for using Ubuntu on notebooks but i still dont like them because of the way their customer service "agents" treated me

Ozor Mox
August 19th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Gee whiz...if linux has issues, it's always somebody else's fault...:roll:

It doesn't matter WHY they bring them back...only that they do.

What a ridiculous comment. Of course it matters why they bring them back. If people are switching these netbooks on and being surprised that what they see is not Windows and returning them, how could that be a failure of Linux? It could be the most perfect operating system in the world, but if its unfamiliar when people don't expect it to be, they'll complain and return it. If they are switching it on expecting it to be different, and then finding it inadequate for their needs, then that's a different story.