PDA

View Full Version : compiling xbmc eventclient -wiiremote, error [c++]

funkyjansson
August 18th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to edit the Eventclient for letting a wiiremote controling XBMC so that it will start up xbmc when I hit the conect-button on the wiimote (or just the 1+2, it does the same thing).

However, even before I have changed anything I'l get a warning on compile, and an error at run.

micke@micke-desktop:~/Documents/XBMC/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote$ g++ WiiRemote.cpp -lcwiid -o WiiRemote
WiiRemote.cpp: In member function ‘void CWiiRemote::SetBluetoothAddress(const char*)’:
WiiRemote.cpp:158: warning: taking address of temporary
WiiRemote.cpp:158: warning: taking address of temporary
micke@micke-desktop:~/Documents/XBMC/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote$ sh WiiRemote
WiiRemote: 1: Syntax error: "&" unexpected (expecting ")")
micke@micke-desktop:~/Documents/XBMC/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote$

(The code is C++)

I have tryed to check out more early versions from the svn-repos och even tryed to download both 8.10 and 9.04 from the source-downloadpage at xbmc.org, but I always get the exact same result.

I have done this before (but I reinstalled everything so I lost the code) so I figure there must be something wrong in my system now, sense it worked before and I know that the client works in both 8.10 and 9.04.

The only dependencies the sourcecode speaks of is the following.

// Compiles with g++ WiiRemote.cpp -lcwiid -o WiiRemote
// Preferably with libcwiid >= 6.0

#include "WiiRemote.h"

When I check in synaptic it says version 0.6.0.0 on libcwiid (so I presume it's right, despite the zero in front of the six) and WiiRemote.h lives in the same folder as WiiRemote.cpp.

Anyone have any idea about what can be wrong here?

dwhitney67
August 19th, 2009, 02:01 AM
First of all, I would fix the warning that the compiler is spitting out.

If I could see the offending code, then perhaps I could help you resolve the issue.

As for running the C++ program, why are you attempting to run it as if it were a shell script?

This statement produces a executable file that is your application:

g++ WiiRemote.cpp -lcwiid -o WiiRemote

To run the program:

./WiiRemote

funkyjansson
August 19th, 2009, 10:11 AM
First of all, I would fix the warning that the compiler is spitting out.

If I could see the offending code, then perhaps I could help you resolve the issue.

As for running the C++ program, why are you attempting to run it as if it were a shell script?

This statement produces a executable file that is your application:

g++ WiiRemote.cpp -lcwiid -o WiiRemote

To run the program:

./Wiiremote

Ahh! Now I feel stupid, my bad. When I run it the right way everything works.

So, the warning.
The code is as follows

/* Basicly this just sets up standard control bits */
void CWiiRemote::SetBluetoothAddress(const char *btaddr)
{
if (btaddr != NULL)
str2ba(btaddr, &m_btaddr);
else
bacpy(&m_btaddr, &(*BDADDR_ANY));
}

Row 158 witch generates the warning is the last one, with "bacpy(&m_btaddr, &(*BDADDR_ANY));"

Tanks for the help.