PDA

View Full Version : Farve to sign with Vikings

sports fan Matt
August 18th, 2009, 05:19 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/favre/

JawsThemeSwimming428
August 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/favre/

I'll believe it when I see it. I was all for him continuing to play because I still felt like he was producing. However, these controversies each year over whether he will retire or not are getting old and making me respect him less.

sports fan Matt
August 18th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Funny enough KFAN AM 1130 (vikings flagship) are so delusional they are thinking superbowl..lol

chucky chuckaluck
August 18th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Funny enough KFAN AM 1130 (vikings flagship) are so delusional they are thinking superbowl..lol

they certainly have a better chance of getting there (where they'd eventually get massacred by the patriots) with favre than with jackson.

tehchibipanda
August 18th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Man, he really needs to make up his mind. Imagine if Favre was in The Matrix. "Do you want the red pill, or the blue pill?" "hmmm....what a tough decision...I think red....no no! Blue! Hmm...but then...maybe red..." and so on. -_-; He's a great player and all, he just needs to be less indecisive.

northwestuntu
August 18th, 2009, 06:21 PM
this whole brett farve thing will never end. he will be 50 and still retiring and coming back.

HappyFeet
August 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Thank god my team is not involved in this. Does not bother me one bit. I just want the regular season to start already!

And btw Matt, it's Favre, not Farve. ;)

Excedio
August 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM
It's official! Favre just signed!

Got a text from ESPN

sports fan Matt
August 18th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I stand corrected :) Pudge signed with my rangers today!.

cptrohn
August 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM

With Farve they would have to be in the discussion.. the defense is extremely solid and the running game is probably the best in the NFL with Peterson and Taylor... The idea of even an old brett farve throwing against single coverage downfield would give defensive coordinators nightmares.. All they are missing is a leader and playmaker at QB.

Sunflower1970
August 18th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I honest-to-god thought this was an Onion piece...then after a few more articles I realized it was true...Can't the man just stay retired?

sports fan Matt
August 18th, 2009, 10:37 PM
the press conference is at 5 pm..going to stream it on wcco tv or kstp

Excedio
August 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM
With Farve they would have to be in the discussion.. the defense is extremely solid and the running game is probably the best in the NFL with Peterson and Taylor... The idea of even an old brett farve throwing against single coverage downfield would give defensive coordinators nightmares.. All they are missing is a leader and playmaker at QB.

Let us not forget that before Favre was even considered for this position, that team focused on running and Adrian Peterson was the center of the universe. He's still a freak of nature on the field, Peterson, so having a man that likes to throw....problems may ensue..

sports fan Matt
August 19th, 2009, 12:56 AM
it was an interesting conf. http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/vikings-sign-brett-favre/b52a742d-ebfd-4eff-807b-ba1d8acef18c

cptrohn
August 19th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Let us not forget that before Favre was even considered for this position, that team focused on running and Adrian Peterson was the center of the universe. He's still a freak of nature on the field, Peterson, so having a man that likes to throw....problems may ensue..

I think it will be the opposite... Peterson will be grateful he isn't looking at 8 guys in the box on every play anymore.. Factor in that the Vikes Offensive coordinator was Farves former QB coach and that farve know that system inside and out and could probably be the Offensive coordinator himself and I think it spells trouble for the rest of the NFC.. He hasn't been on a team this loaded since the Holmgren led Packers in his heyday....

craigeo
August 19th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Woohoo!!! I'm a Viking fan living in packer country. I don't know which is better... the Vikings signing Favre or listening to all the packer fans dissing Favre after they spent the last 15+ years anointing him the chosen one.
Go Vikes!

Stan_1936
August 19th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Great Running Back.
Great Defensive Line.
Old/Slow Quarterback.

If they have to travel to ANY team in the NFC East, in the NFC Title game, they(the Vikings) will lose.

Giants/Eagles>Packers

swoll1980
August 19th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Farvre needs to hang up his jock strap. He pretty much ruined the Jet's playoff hopes last season with that bum shoulder of his.