PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Two more little problem with ubuntu

sevic33
August 18th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Im using ubuntu for a couple months and im prity satisfied.
But i have a two little problems who anoying me sometimes so i will ask ,maybe someone can help.
1.When i watch online streams like youtube its all go well till i dont switch to full screen,then pictures starts freezinf every 20 secend for a 3 secend then continue and again and again same.
2.When im watching video with Movie Player or a MPlayer i turn sound to maximum,but its not so loud like when i boot to windows.I was check the Volume control and its all set to the maximum,but it still not loud even close like on windows.

Ubuntu is on a laptop so if i need to post some hardware specification let me know guys.
tnx.

northern lights
August 18th, 2009, 12:45 AM
1.When i watch online streams like youtube its all go well till i dont switch to full screen,then pictures starts freezinf every 20 secend for a 3 secend then continue and again and again same.
Please post the output of
aptitude search flashplugin && aptitude search totem-mozilla && aptitude search mozilla-mplayer

2.When im watching video with Movie Player or a MPlayer i turn sound to maximum,but its not so loud like when i boot to windows.I was check the Volume control and its all set to the maximum,but it still not loud even close like on windows.Your last shot is checking
alsamixer whether all channels are turned up. However, this might be something you have to live with. My new laptop's never seen Windows, so I can't say how it'd behave. But my old one (2005) used to be louder under Windows as well.

I resorted to external speakers and headphones. Further, vlc is helpful as it's own volume control let's you play files considerably louder than any other player.

sevic33
August 18th, 2009, 01:01 AM
this is the output:

i adobe-flashplugin - Adobe Flash Player plugin version 10
p flashplugin-installer - Adobe Flash Player plugin installer
p flashplugin-nonfree - Adobe Flash Player plugin installer (trans
p flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound - Adobe Flash Player platform support librar
i totem-mozilla - Totem Mozilla plugin
p mozilla-mplayer - MPlayer-Plugin for Mozilla

About sound:

-i try alsamixer,its all set to 100 %
-i will definitly try VLC
-there is also equalizer in MPlayer ,its hase 10 diferent frequency for boosting,so if i boost them all i got louder sound but not so clear,its require a little tuning.Bad part is equalizer reset after exit so its not realy practical to tune it every time when i wana watch movie or something.

northern lights
August 18th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Run
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree mozilla-mplayerSince 10 is installed, flashplugin-nonfree is optional. mozilla-mplayer is the crucial package.

In VLC, do not use the equalizer instead just out the volume all the way up (Ctrl+ArrowUp).

kansasnoob
August 18th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Regarding the sound try installing 'gnome-alsamixer' either from Synaptic or run the command:

sudo apt-get install gnome-alsamixer

It'll then show up in Sound & Video. Especially pay attention to the VIA controls:

sevic33
August 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
-i install alsa mixer and i dont have half of stuff like in your picture,i check the options and there is nothing to turn on,maybe i miss some drivers or my audio card is not so quality.
-i still have same problem when watching fulscreen youtube
-VLC help me to get louder sound when watching movies,tnx :)