PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update Manager problem, changed /home/ as the soruce?

perryjp
August 18th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Hey, I'm running into a problem with update manager. When I press the Install Updates button, nothing happens.

I did a sudo apt-get update and then gksudo /usr/bin/update-manager and when I click the button I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/UpdateManager/UpdateManager.py", line 572, in on_button_install_clicked
self.cache.checkFreeSpace()
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/DistUpgrade/DistUpgradeCache.py", line 946, in checkFreeSpace
st = os.statvfs(d)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home'
I did change my home directory to /home2/ so I could automount some network directories so I'm thinking this might have something to do with the problem.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

jerrrys
August 18th, 2009, 01:44 AM
change home2 back to home and you should be ok. also if you want a home2, just create a new folder. there are hidden files in home that are necessary to many programs...

perryjp
August 18th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Well, as I understand it I do need to leave my stuff in /home2/ due to automounting network directories.

I didn't only change the directory name, I did change DHOME in /etc/adduser.conf to /home2 as well as all references to /home in /etc/passwd

perryjp
December 2nd, 2010, 01:47 AM
I never did fix this... I'm still stuck on Jaunty and would like to upgrade. I found this bug noted:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/463506

which was fixed in lucid but how do I get around that to upgrade while on Jaunty?

Thanks