PDA

View Full Version : Blackest Night - DC Comics

Tristam Green
August 17th, 2009, 08:50 PM
It doesn't have jack to do with FOSS or Linux or Ubuntu.

Has anyone been reading DC Comics' newest storyline, Blackest Night?

It's a cross-title storyline that surrounds the Green Lantern Corps, Black Hand's rise to become the physical embodiment of Death.

Green Lantern versus Zombies.

I love it so far :D

Technoviking
August 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I have been a Green Lantern fan since I was a kid (NERD!!!). Geoff Johns has been doing great stuff with this title since Green Lantern: Rebirth. I always been amazed that DC never though of different color Lantern corps in the past, it seem so obvious now.

To bring to back to OSS talk from interviews I have heard Geoff is a big fan of netbooks with Linux, since he travels a ton.

T-V

Jesus_Valdez
August 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Is Batman related? If so, the I will read it.

I just read a 90's one-shot call In Darkest Knight and Battle for the Cowl, so I'm guessing is something in between.

Technoviking
August 17th, 2009, 10:44 PM

I just read a 90's one-shot call In Darkest Knight and Battle for the Cowl, so I'm guessing is something in between.

Green Lantern is cosmic space adventures, rather than gritty urban crime.

T-V

Tristam Green
August 17th, 2009, 10:56 PM

T-V

It's a cross-story arc though!

I am sitting here holding Blackest Night: Batman 1 of 3 and it is AWESOME.

Technoviking
August 17th, 2009, 11:05 PM
It's a cross-story arc though!

I am sitting here holding Blackest Night: Batman 1 of 3 and it is AWESOME.

Agreed, but it is nice to keep out of the main Batman titles. Plus I like anything with Deadman in it.

T-V

Jesus_Valdez
August 17th, 2009, 11:08 PM

T-V
I guess I'll have to elaborate more my ansswer.

"In Darkest Knight" it's part of a 90's story arc really similar to Marvel's "What if", they told the story of the superheroes but with a "twist". This one is the story of Bruce Wayne with a Green Lantern ring.

On the other side, in "Battle for the Cowl" we witness Black Hand returning from the grave to take over Gotham City, while Wayne's "relatives" and others figth each other (well, its pretty much Jason against the others, but still) in order to gain the rigth to be call Batman.

That's why I see the relation.

Well that and the events of Final Crisis.

I'm not a comic geek, just have lots of time to spare.

EDIT. Image related

tmeadows34
August 19th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Never got around to reading that one Jesus_Valdez.
I am a huge Green lantern Fan.
GL and batman are related in a way.
They both exist in the DC universe similar to have spider and the x-men are both in the marvel universe.

In present day DC comics Bruce Wayne is dead, I believe that fact has a small part of the current blackest night storyline.