PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't update ubuntu 8.04

seha_05
August 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I have dual-boot, ubuntu 8.04 and windows xp. I have cable internet, and it's working in ubuntu 8.04. But when I try to update, with update maager or download some package some error is show.

I also have ubuntu 9.04 on CD. How to erase ubuntu 8.04 and install ubuntu 9.04 on same place(partition).

Please help....

wojox
August 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Well if you want help with the error you have to tell what it is.
To install 9.04 back up anything you want saved and insert the LiveCD and when it gets to the stage where it asks where you want the partition pick the old 8.04 spot.

pi4r0n
August 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Lets start from the beginning seha_05 OK

What error are you talking about. Please past it here ??
Do you want to do fresh installation of Ubuntu or upgrade the current one ??

TA

pi4r0n

seha_05
August 17th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I had manual proxy configuration in "Network proxy prefernces" and he show the error, but now I changed to "direct internet conncection" and when I run update manager and click check he just "work" and dont't show nothing. I can't even close update manager on "X".

I will rather to upgrade my ubuntu 8.04, because I also have windows xp and if I install 9.04 over ubuntu 8.04 I will also need to reinstall windows xp. But I afraid that if I upgrade, this same error will stay....

seha_05
August 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I had manual proxy configuration in "Network proxy prefernces" and he show the error, but now I changed to "direct internet conncection" and when I run update manager and click check he just "work" and dont't show nothing. I can't even close update manager on "X".

I will rather to upgrade my ubuntu 8.04, because I also have windows xp and if I install 9.04 over ubuntu 8.04 I will also need to reinstall windows xp. But I afraid that if I upgrade, this same error will stay....

jerrrys
August 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM
you have to fist go from 804 to 810, but this sholud also apply to 804

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/upgrade-ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex-to-ubuntu-904-jaunty-jackalope-beta.html