PDA

View Full Version : UF Fantasy (American) Football

jimi_hendrix
August 17th, 2009, 02:27 AM
cprofitt and I have created a fantasy football league on yahoo. Anyone who wants to join can, we made it private so only forum readers can join. The ID is 605001 and the password is linuxrules

There are 14 slots open, first come first serve,

chucky chuckaluck
August 17th, 2009, 02:42 AM
cprofitt and I have created a fantasy football league on yahoo. Anyone who wants to join can, we made it private so only forum readers can join. The ID is 605001 and the password is linuxrules

There are 14 slots open, first come first serve,

auto draft, i assume?

cprofitt
August 17th, 2009, 02:48 AM
At this point yes - auto-draft.

We can open that up later if desired... but with the multi-TZ affair that might not be best.

You do set your player rankings though.

jimi_hendrix
August 17th, 2009, 02:50 AM
auto draft, i assume?

unless the members vote otherwise, yes, due to the timezones (i prefer live draft personally :))

EDIT: didnt see cprofitt there

chucky chuckaluck
August 17th, 2009, 03:21 AM
what's the positions setup?

cprofitt
August 17th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

chucky chuckaluck
August 17th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

the problem with requiring a TE is that there's only a few who are going to get points. in effect, most of the teams will be a man short every week. that's also a lot of positions for a league with 14 teams.

Brunellus
August 17th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Thread title changed to reflect subject matter.

I love football in its many dialects, but remember, this is a global community. The presumption should be that "football" has its global meaning. Any localization should be so noted: American football, Rugby Union, Aussie Rules, etc.

jimi_hendrix
August 17th, 2009, 03:45 PM
bumpitude

HappyFeet
August 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I would join, but I only like live drafts. If I can get some kind of assurance of it being a live draft, I'll join in a heartbeat.

MikeTheC
August 17th, 2009, 06:59 PM
If everyone posted "not interested" in threads they didn't care about, you wouldn't find that silly?

"Not interested."

JDShu
August 17th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I'm seconds away from joining. I'm more of a college football guy but I heard that fantasy football is a great way to get into pro football. Is there a lot to learn in fantasy football?

cprofitt
August 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I'm seconds away from joining. I'm more of a college football guy but I heard that fantasy football is a great way to get into pro football. Is there a lot to learn in fantasy football?

No its pretty easy... follow which players are doing well... make sure injuries do not leave you w/o players playing... and if a guy you don't have gets injured... make sure to see if his backup might be good to pickup.

cprofitt
August 17th, 2009, 09:59 PM
the problem with requiring a TE is that there's only a few who are going to get points. in effect, most of the teams will be a man short every week. that's also a lot of positions for a league with 14 teams.

The league has points for receiving yards as well as scoring... but once we get enough people we can discuss the particulars of the roster. I can change it up until the draft.

jimi_hendrix
August 17th, 2009, 10:55 PM
No its pretty easy... follow which players are doing well... make sure injuries do not leave you w/o players playing... and if a guy you don't have gets injured... make sure to see if his backup might be good to pickup.

ya last year was my first year, it is pretty simple. you could probably find a basic strategy guide online.

@ the backup thing

last year my first pick was tom brady (bad choice, get RB's first). ofcorse he gets hurt halfway through the first game. but my unknown (or i hadnt hurd of him) has a blow out season and saves the day :)

Moop
August 17th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I signed up! :popcorn:

JDShu
August 18th, 2009, 12:59 AM
alright, joined, lets hope I know what I'm doing :P

craigeo
August 18th, 2009, 01:42 AM
I'm in.... when is the draft?

cprofitt
August 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I'm in.... when is the draft?

I am shooting for September 5th or 6th... give the teams time to actually set their rosters before we draft.

cprofitt
August 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM
We are up to 8 teams now -- http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/605001

Looking for up to 8 more folks to join.

cprofitt
August 31st, 2009, 01:12 AM
OK -- we are still stuck at eight teams...

HappyFeet
August 31st, 2009, 01:53 AM
I'm in if it is a live draft. I'm positive I can get a couple other people too. If you can promise a live draft, I won't hesitate.

cprofitt
August 31st, 2009, 02:09 AM
I'm in if it is a live draft. I'm positive I can get a couple other people too. If you can promise a live draft, I won't hesitate.

I can promise that if you get 8 people who want a live draft it will be live. From the research I have done it appears that it can be live with people not in attendance using the auto-draft.

I am willing to switch to live draft.

HappyFeet
August 31st, 2009, 02:48 AM
Yes, we can do a live draft and just have the people who can't make it have their player rankings set before hand. That way, both sets of people are happy. So, is it live, or is it memorex?

cprofitt
August 31st, 2009, 03:08 AM
I will make it live... engaged in something else right now... but will change it tomorrow.

eidt: it was easier than I thought... the draft type has been changed.

HappyFeet
August 31st, 2009, 03:37 AM
I will make it live... engaged in something else right now... but will change it tomorrow.

eidt: it was easier than I thought... the draft type has been changed.
Thanks. Me and my friend will be joining shortly. I will put the word out to other people also.

HappyFeet
August 31st, 2009, 04:00 AM
Make sure you put the word out to have those that can't participate in the draft to set their picks ahead of time.

cprofitt
August 31st, 2009, 10:54 PM
OK -- we have ten teams now... would like to get two more minimum and we can do 16 if there are enough people. Wednesday will be the final call for people to join and then I will have to remake the league size.

HappyFeet
August 31st, 2009, 10:55 PM
Come on people, sign up!

HappyFeet
September 1st, 2009, 08:37 PM
At least 2 more people needed! Please sign up.

HappyFeet
September 1st, 2009, 08:39 PM
OK -- we have ten teams now... would like to get two more minimum and we can do 16 if there are enough people. Wednesday will be the final call for people to join and then I will have to remake the league size.

Btw, I'm originally from Rochester. Lived up there for 30 years. For a while I lived off of Monroe ave. near 490. Those were some great times.

cprofitt
September 2nd, 2009, 02:02 AM
Btw, I'm originally from Rochester. Lived up there for 30 years. For a while I lived off of Monroe ave. near 490. Those were some great times.

Nice to know... I can extend the sign-up to Friday -- but we have to settle it before the draft.

craigeo
September 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
I am not going to be around when the draft is going to happen. How do I set my draft to automatically draft for me?

cprofitt
September 4th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I am not going to be around when the draft is going to happen. How do I set my draft to automatically draft for me?

edit the rankings.

I am moving the draft to Sunday though.

mrgnash
September 4th, 2009, 12:04 PM
My fantasy is to erect a giant stadium where all the (male) sports teams of the world can convene; and then, drop a nuke on it.

cprofitt
September 4th, 2009, 12:07 PM
OK we have twelve teams... I am locking the teams at 12 so we can all set our draft strategy.

The draft is moved to Sunday 6:30pm.

If anyone would prefer to do it during the week we could hit Wednesday -- but I think that is too late.

chucky chuckaluck
September 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM
My fantasy is to erect a giant stadium where all the (male) sports teams of the world can convene; and then, drop a nuke on it.

that's a heartwarming sentiment. (i assume you're not including the new england patriots on the guest list, yes?)

cprofitt
September 7th, 2009, 06:00 AM
I hope all enjoyed the draft... Remember to set your rosters by Thursday.

jimi_hendrix
September 10th, 2009, 02:21 AM
When did you set the draft time to, I missed it :(

cprofitt
September 10th, 2009, 03:07 AM
When did you set the draft time to, I missed it :(

It was Sunday -- I think 6:30pm EDT.

jimi_hendrix
September 12th, 2009, 01:13 AM
bah ah well

good luck

craigeo
December 31st, 2009, 08:59 PM
Hey...
Good job on the setup of this league.
It was fun (I was the Blah's... finished 4th)
If you set it up again next year I'm in.

cprofitt
January 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hey...
Good job on the setup of this league.
It was fun (I was the Blah's... finished 4th)
If you set it up again next year I'm in.

Thanks. We will go it again next year... I may be more upfront about the scoring next year -- I just assumed people would look at the scoring -- because I always do when joining a league.

Enjoy your new year everyone.