PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] desktop cube problem

lyratzis
August 17th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Hey,

I've had some problems getting my desktop cube to work since I've been using jaunty (til recently I used hardy, and it was fine). I have all the compiz stuff installed and I've got wobbly windows and I can draw fire and what have you, but the cube isn't working well. I cannot see the gears or change the rotation speed or anything, and it won't let me have different desktop backgrounds on the separate faces. I've tried doing everything I know to try, but I am still pretty bad with ubuntu. Any advice?

RedSingularity
August 17th, 2009, 04:07 AM
To see the gears go to Compiz>Desktop>Desktop Cube>Transparent cube tab. There set the transparency to what you want. Now you should be able to see through the cube when rotating. And if you have gears enabled you should see them inside. Spin speed in under the behavior tab. And as for the backgrounds....i have never seen a cube with different backgrounds on each side. I am not sure thats possible.

lyratzis
August 18th, 2009, 01:02 AM
thanks for the reply

I have messed around a lot in CCSM, and it just isn't working. I can set opacity to anything I want and it doesn't change, nor does changing the speed/acceleration of the cube have any effect. As far as the different wallpapers goes, in hardy at least all I had to do was add images to the background image field under appearances, but that doesn't seem to be an option any more.