PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I need to edit the source code for emerald themer.. where is the source code?

billdotson
August 16th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I need to edit the source code of emerald themer 0.7.2 but I cannot find the source code anywhere. The only package I can find is from packages.ubuntu.com and I do not want a debian installer. I thought most everything open source had a spot on sourceforge.net but this does not as far as I can tell.

earthpigg
August 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
archive.ubuntu.com

oldos2er
August 16th, 2009, 10:11 PM
sudo apt-get source emerald

billdotson
August 16th, 2009, 10:26 PM
thanks, but why is a normal website to download it from so difficult to find? There doesn't appear to even be a main site for emerald.

I'll get the source code from apt-get though. Does the source command work for anything in the repositories?

earthpigg
August 17th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Does the source command work for anything in the repositories?

it doesn't work for things that do not have their source code available :D flash, for example, or proprietary hardware drivers.

billdotson
August 17th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I understand that, I am just confused as to why there isn't an emerald themer site or somewhere aside from the ubuntu repositories where the source could be retrieved. If you go to archive.ubuntu.com or whatever that is it seems like you have to download a whole group of packages.

earthpigg
August 17th, 2009, 07:00 AM
im not positive (even though i use emerald) but i think it is part of the compiz project. check their website.